Everyone donate £10?

kaiserpc

okay so we have the "Swag, Swag Swag" thread where we look to buy some merchandise - but Ed's not keen on the idea - so what about we all agree to donate a minimum of £10? I can't afford to spend an extra £100 to buy my pandora, but I can spare £10+. We could just use the paypal donate button on the main Pandora site? Wouldn't take up any of OPs time and would generate a small amount of money for very little work.

So how many takers do we have? Surely we can get at least 100 people to agree to this! Okay it's not going to create huge amounts of money (unless we get all the 4000 people who ordered to sign up). Maybe Craig could send out an email to all the people that ordered to ask to help out and donate a minimum of £10?

p.s. my two year anniversary of ordering my Pandora is tomorrow!

Errrrr, no. This is never gonna take off. The best thing Open Pandora can do is finish Batch 1 FFS. The best way of promoting the Pandora is by having 4000 happy users. Make money on the 2nd/3rd batch, not off your original investors (which is what we are at the moment, not customers)

I think Craig said the company needs more revenue, not a sudden donation of cash that will be used and then disappear.

(Imagine the difference between a campfire and a match for providing heat)

Which is why the price increased.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pandoras are now 380 or summat quite high so they should get a good profit on units from now. Plus they have an instant buy feature so hopefully their sales will rocket instead of that stupid "buy a pandora then wait for it" malarky, prob puts off the more impatient people (which is almost everyone in this day and age)

If people wanted to donate to the project it'd be better spent making the pandora a desireable device to have and by doing that we need more games, better emus.

COugh* donate to my competition* Cough

Just do it...i have ordered:

1 x Pandora Case & 2 x Dev Support Badge

It will be nice if they also create some kind of merchandise for us.. :)

When I placed my order over two years ago (first day pre-orderer here), I already donated €30 to the project. Unfortunately I don't have much to spend these days, as I'm a very poor student with zero income at the moment. Otherwise I could donate some more, preferably towards the software department.

On the other side, I always have a few coins to spend on a nice t-shirt or some other usable goodies like a decent mug or something like that. I'm fairly sure that a lot of other people think the same. So it would be very nice to see if they could set up something similar to the Ubuntu or Mozilla stores. True, it takes time and effort to run such a thing, but I guess things will pay for itself (single person running the store that needs to be payed on a daily basis).

something similar to the Ubuntu or Mozilla stores. True, it takes time and effort to run such a thing, but I guess things will pay for itself (single person running the store that needs to be payed on a daily basis).
Please check the swag-topic.

There are plenty of webstores that handle production, sale and distribution for designs for which you can determine your own profit-margin.

Back