Cnc Case That Should Be Finished Tomorrow

'craigix' said:
Anyway, the moulding company found an error on one of the parts and need to tweak it, so it's going to take a little longer :(

HA! Told yo...

erm :unsure:
Sorry! I seem to have channeled P-IV ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
'craigix' said:
Anyway, the moulding company found an error on one of the parts and need to tweak it, so it's going to take a little longer :(
NNNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!

:wacko: :wacko: :angry: :angry2: :blink:

Yeah, it's good they caught this during CNC and not after mass production started.
But every little delay is another few days the release is pushed back.

And every day that the release is pushed back is another day that the 2nd batch is delayed.

And every day the 2nd batch is delayed is another day I don't own a Pandora.
It's a philosophical thing, I don't expect you to agree with me.

I have very good adequate reasons why

I didn't want my parents yelling at me for spending $340 on something that they probably don't think will actually exist.
The only ways I can think of to actually get the money to the Pandora guys would require help from my parents, and I don't think they'll let me buy one just yet.

But the delays still annoy me slightly, because I want to see other people have them, so they can put up entertaining videos while I wait for the second batch.

chill out folks, it's a couple of days added onto the CNC.

It is a VERY good thing that this issue was dealt with now or you would have had another 4 weeks added :-/

The good news is that this should now be the last of the case issues. I hope ;)

'craigix' said:
It is a VERY good thing that this issue was dealt with now or you would have had another 4 weeks added :-/

sex.

'craigix' said:

If this is the case, can you tell us how you handle the LCD ribbon as well as the other wires? I believe the Speaker, touchscreen and Antenna wires could run horizontal through openings where the top and bottom meet (through the joint). However, the LCD ribbon looks tricky. I believe this has been asked before, but it was too early then to get an answer.

'Asmo' said:
What about the Keymat?
Read the latest news on the main page of openpandora.org:

* Wait until the mould of the keymat is finished

So that means they are still busymaking the mould. The last prototype was okay. So we just have to wait.

[quote name='Mithrildor' date='Feb 28 2009, 12:22 PM' post='705049']
[quote name='Asmo' date='Feb 28 2009, 12:58 PM']
What about the Keymat?
[/quote]

Read the latest news on the main page of openpandora.org:

* Wait until the mould of the keymat is finished

Yes I read that when it first appeared, but of all the components in Limbo that one just seems like one that wouldn't take very long.

The delays are becoming less, I guess :blink:

I dont think they will start shipping until late April 2009 - as there will too many hurdles to clear

Quite realistically it may even be a mid-year launch.

The trouble is that there may be now additional new entrants onto the market place.

I originally wanted my pandora for its size, gaming, video playback plus other functionality capabilities - I 'm now wondering if a April to June 2009 launch is going to worth the original wait.

Why - I think its only a matter of time before new entrants arrive on the market - we already have the sony P-series, and fujitsu u100 (which was a real pain as keyboard layout sucked. I do think that some far eastern suppliers will latch onto the design framework of the pandora and apply this to their designs - all I want is something tangible soon - Yes I was a first batcher and despite this forums re-application of my new account I have been using the forums since GP32 and GP2X days.

I think the news of Nintendo DSi, probable new/updated PSP and the Sega PMP device are intresting to say the least - not sure what else to get though instead of pandora, that is

The sega PMP is nothing more than another generic MP4 player and non of those have anything on the Pandora. the supposed PSP update is nothing more than vapor right now so it's not even worth mentioning especially when Sony just announced like 6 big titles coming this year for the original besides the fact that it'll be prohibative to homebrew. And the new portable computer isnt likely to have the batterylife.

All in all I doubt anyone outside of a few random tech sites and the people who preordered one really take it serious enough to want to try and rip it off or even do it effectivly enough to be a threat.

And about the DSi: Check the specs. It's almost no big update (well it is for the DS). And the games won't be using it (maybe some DSi titles, but a title is only DSi only when it uses the camera). Some homebrew might use it, but the current flashcards are currently using a bug to run. Nintendo can and will patch this easily out.

Back