What Is Status Of Cnc Case?

'craigix' said:
I hope something will arrive at the end of this week.
So I'm assuming that the OK on the CNC case will mean that we have an all clear for the making of the final cases/injection mold and then the mass production (assuming that all the parts are in)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good day

I hope the devs remember the suggestion to have
a hole in the case for a lanyard strap?

It would be painful to wait so long
and, after a drop, have to wait longer for repair

dave

'Vorporeal' said:
'craigix' said:
I hope something will arrive at the end of this week.
So I'm assuming that the OK on the CNC case will mean that we have an all clear for the making of the final cases/injection mold and then the mass production (assuming that all the parts are in)?

I'm fairly sure you can assume that the parts will fit, if the CNC was built to the size of the prototype.

'WizardStan' said:
'Asmo' said:
What about the Power supplies? With all the different destinations with their differing voltages and plug types, is it going to be some universal device or one specific to each zone?

Like the PSP charger, I imagine the Pandora charger will use a standard figure 8 adapter. It'd be cake to simply replace the cable then. I've little doubt that any computer store worth it's salt would have the right replacement cable for cheap. This is at least true in North America and the UK, but see no reason for it to not be true elsewhere. It's an international standard.
Would it blow up if it's connected to 220 power? I've lost too many of my good electronics to forgetting to use a converter (and instead using only an adapter). I know most modern laptops can run on both voltages.

Back