What Is The Status Of...

craigix said:
ricki said:
Consequence9 said:
The real Absinth contains Thujon which is a neurotoxin. Here in Europe the quantity of Thujon is restricted to a very small amount. Real Absinth is much worse than "just alcohol" which is bad enough imo.

But like with anything... the dosage make the poison.

Yes. Have you got anymore?

I do

Last edited by a moderator:
Craig's made it to the front page of eurogamer :D
Clipboard01-5.jpg

I was gonna bring some rice Whiskey and rice Rum back from my last visit to Thailand but never got around to it.

Shame, it's good stuff and costs about 2 quid a bottle.

craigix said:
ricki said:
Consequence9 said:
The real Absinth contains Thujon which is a neurotoxin. Here in Europe the quantity of Thujon is restricted to a very small amount. Real Absinth is much worse than "just alcohol" which is bad enough imo.

there's plenty to buy online. My experience is that the Thujone is normally very low and the whole drink makes up for it by being strong [edit : as in a high percentage alchohol volume, shop bought stuff is now much weedier though). I've been through about 2 dozen different types from various distillers and had some jolly japes (i shoot a straight shooter glass full). best night in is still a shot of La Fee, a couple of J's and 30 mins before bed another shot. i always sleep well!

Xenu said:
That was a joke. No man can drink two bottles of vodka and record a video of it.

I don't know how much he actually drank, but abnormally high tolerance isn't really a good sign.

I got through a 1.5 litre bottle of vodka once during my "arsehole" phase but that was over like 6 hours. I slept for a whole day. I'm not allowed to drink at all now :( All things in moderation, kids.
I read Paul Gascoine was drinking 3 bottles a vodka a day at one point :eek: He's still alive!

If you powder your nose frequently,
you´ll still asking for beer after 3 bottles of vodka :lol:

Enough people die because of stupidity. When I was a kid, we had a birthday party and played games where the loser had to drink a shot glass of alcohol. One of the other kids lost intentionally several times and went unconscious, soon. On the way to hospital he died, but they were able to reanimate him. A bottle of vodka can kill you, seriously.

Exophase said:
Pleng said:
Derek said:
Maybe he is a functioning alcoholic?!

Maybe Exophase was concerned for Craig's general health, rather than if he'll still be able to see the Pandora project through?

Yes, I'm concerned for his health :\ I don't think being an alcoholic can ever not be bad for a person.
Me either. I didn't mean that it is okay to be an alcoholic. I am concerned for his health too. Drinking can be a huge problem,I know cause my step dad drank and he was an asshole most of the time. He stopped drinking and he is completely different.

Exophase said:
Xenu said:
That was a joke. No man can drink two bottles of vodka and record a video of it.

I don't know how much he actually drank, but abnormally high tolerance isn't really a good sign.
The other hint that it was a joke was how coherent he was at the end of the video vs how he was acting during the rest of it.

mali said:
Enough people die because of stupidity. When I was a kid, we had a birthday party and played games where the loser had to drink a shot glass of alcohol. One of the other kids lost intentionally several times and went unconscious, soon. On the way to hospital he died, but they were able to reanimate him. A bottle of vodka can kill you, seriously.

Balls.

Russians drink, on average, around 60-80 bottles of Vodka a year. That is the average. Just think about that.

But then again Vodka is just about as pure as you can get, making it quite a bit safer than some other drinks, and I also find very little in the ways of a hangover from Vodka.

mosschops said:
craigix said:
ricki said:
Consequence9 said:

there's plenty to buy online. My experience is that the Thujone is normally very low and the whole drink makes up for it by being strong [edit : as in a high percentage alchohol volume, shop bought stuff is now much weedier though). I've been through about 2 dozen different types from various distillers and had some jolly japes (i shoot a straight shooter glass full). best night in is still a shot of La Fee, a couple of J's and 30 mins before bed another shot. i always sleep well!
I remember an article in Wired about a guy who reverse engineered an Absinthe recipe from a bottle that was several hundred years old. The toxic chemicals in traditional absinthe are indeed very dilute, and probably not nearly as harmful as the alcohol itself. The reason that artists like van Gogh were said to use absinthe is its stimulant properties: you can get drunk, but stay alert.

mali said:

It's inherently more dangerous for a child, though. How much alcohol affects you depends a lot on body weight.

WizardStan said:
The other hint that it was a joke was how coherent he was at the end of the video vs how he was acting during the rest of it.

"hint" maybe, a lot of people can "maintain" for a little bit while drunk and you can't just say whether they're drunk or not based on a few seconds of video...

craigix said:
Balls.

Russians drink, on average, around 60-80 bottles of Vodka a year. That is the average. Just think about that.

But then again Vodka is just about as pure as you can get, making it quite a bit safer than some other drinks, and I also find very little in the ways of a hangover from Vodka.

So does this confirm that you did drink two bottles before the video or is it just a joke like people are saying? Or were you just exaggerating?

craigix said:
Balls.

It depends on your constitution and how fast you drink. That kid was 14 years old and a bit skinny. He drank too fast and when the massive amount of alcohol reached his blood he got a circulatory collapse. The life expectancy of Russian males is pretty low, btw ;)

Edit:
Google says 64 years for Russian males. (74 years in UK/Germany)

craigix said:
mali said:

Balls.

We're not that far behind

B-ZaR said:
There must be something wrong with that statistic :huh: Other sources talk about 18 litres in Russia. Maybe they don't add the homemade stuff to that statistic.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/03/world/europe/03alcohol.html

mali said:
B-ZaR said:
There must be something wrong with that statistic :huh: Other sources talk about 18 litres in Russia. Maybe they don't add the homemade stuff to that statistic.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/03/world/europe/03alcohol.html
I thought so too when I saw Finland's ranking. But wikipedia is never wrong, right? :p

mali said:
Google says 64 years for Russian males. (74 years in UK/Germany)

Wow, that's kinda sad :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy

Looks like females live a lot longer there. Sounds lonely.

Back