Current Status Of All The Parts

Cuetzpalin said:
Bear in mind, however, that "Πανδώραs" is not a correct greek plural.
My jokes always fly like lead balloons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cuetzpalin said:
Thanks!

I used to be majoring in classics for my 2nd major some years ago, but... well, life is not easy... good to have an actual greek to clarify things here.

Majoring in classics? Like...studying Quake, Populous, Syndicate, Elite? :ph34r: Where do I have to sign up? I think I am already very advanced on those studies. *scnr*

I think I will put the Pandora on "studying expenses" for my tax report.

@ Womble
I found them to be most entertaining, and some even made me chuckle, if it helps your ego :)

Cuetzpalin said:
It has been said that the factory is doing 500 boards per week.

At that rate the 4,000 units will take 2 months[sup]TM[/sup] :lol:

craigix said:
Cuetzpalin said:
As of today, Craig posted they already have the parts to build 1,500 pandoras (but the cases, of course).

However, no exact details are given. We still don't know if batteries are out of customs nor how many batteries are ready.

The 4000 batteries have been released by customs. I'm expecting them to get here on monday.
But will it take always 2 Weeks to get the Batteries out of customs? :ph34r: I wonder how all the other Companies solve this problem because I guess they are shipping even much more batteries than you did. ^^

fusion_power said:
craigix said:
Cuetzpalin said:
As of today, Craig posted they already have the parts to build 1,500 pandoras (but the cases, of course).

However, no exact details are given. We still don't know if batteries are out of customs nor how many batteries are ready.

The 4000 batteries have been released by customs. I'm expecting them to get here on monday.
But will it take always 2 Weeks to get the Batteries out of customs? :ph34r: I wonder how all the other Companies solve this problem because I guess they are shipping even much more batteries than you did. ^^

oppening every battery to check if it does not contain cocaine take some times... and I don't tell you how it degrade the battery... :ph34r:

*usually* its all about declaration and purpose (as I said (kind of ;) some posts before. So if you figured that out once, the second time is easier. And it helps even more, when the shipping company already supplies correct papers.

Dunno of course if that was the actual problem in this case

Sphinxter said:
Just wanted to say hey, good effort.

Thanks, but the credits go to many members here, and to the OPT that helped to complete the list also, good to have a list handy. :D

All right,

Well after ED's Craig-style confirmation of the cases hitting the air, and with an estimate delivery for this wednesday (12th)... It seems that we might be watching videos or photos of the first pandoras' assembly by the end of this week.

I updated the list in the first post. After they receive the first 1,000 cases they will give green light to production of the remaining 9,000 if, and only if, the quality is the same as the sample cases they sent and we all have seen in MWeston's photos. I'm not sure what they will be doing if the quality is bad.

Let's wait for more news.

After a newer update, although they will arrive at UK on Wednesday, Craig expects to have them at his place by Friday... So the first photos and video (of 1,000 cases) will probably appear by friday/saturday.

I'm hoping they will be though customs and delivered by friday so I can do some photos and video of everything here.

I know this question can't be given a good answer, but how many Pandora units will likely be prepared per day? I'm wondering how quick the queue will shift.

Shaun said:
I know this question can't be given a good answer, but how many Pandora units will likely be prepared per day? I'm wondering how quick the queue will shift.
MWeston made them an assembly instruction video, which apparently showed one being assembled in 17 minutes. Someone who has done a few can probably do it in half that, or better. Once you start to multiply that by 6 or 8 people, it starts looking like quite a few per day - once they hit their stride. :)

Shaun said:

This question was answered earlier.

Anyhow, I think this number is way too ambitious. 4 minutes average to assemble the unit and test it ?? I would wait until the production has started.

80 a day mabe for first few days ? if theres four people working each on the build they could do 20 in that first day or first few days mabe ? then after three or four days that number of 20 per person per day would prolly be up to mabe 100 units per day per person ? i really don't know this is simply a guess.

Plus i don't think for the first two days the guys will be thinking abut numbers ,but more just learning the build routine then it wil all speed up and mabe OPT will have a date in mind for when true production will start.

day one. learning the build = no pandora units apart from the test units
day two. more learning of build quality = mabe 40 odd units or more (none posted)
day three. production starts = 2/4 per hour per person for 6/8 hours = (normal rate 50units) (optimal rate 128)

after that the numbers would more than double per day mabe 4x the optimal rate of 128 units per day and this is
going by only four people workin on the main build.

these numbers are all just my thoughs OPT will have a much better idea than me.

PADDY

Back