Current Status Of All The Parts

crade said:
Xian Long said:
that is one pessimistic list son
It isn't pessimistic or optimistic as it doesn't predict anything, it is just all the confirmed info the OP was able to find. As she gets more, I'm sure she will update it.

nah, pessimism just stresses the negative aspects

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a thought, isn't micromanaging a company you are trying to get a product from just going to make things worse? I'd like to know the status of everything as well, but that requires time to sort through everything and make sure it is up to date... time that could be well spent building Pandoras.

craigix said:
Once the hall is tidy I'll do you some photos of more stuff. I might even make a video.

That would be great, Craig, we know you're all busy at geting things started, I appreciate that.

BCable said:
Just a thought, isn't micromanaging a company you are trying to get a product from just going to make things worse? I'd like to know the status of everything as well, but that requires time to sort through everything and make sure it is up to date... time that could be well spent building Pandoras.

Kinda, but I don't expect the OPT to fill the blanks in the list, actually my intentions are to update the list according to the info there's already published and with any new updates they can announce... No extra work for them, just trying to get all the info in a single place, for convenience's sake.

KodeIn said:
ED talked about making a wiki that would be used as a manual.
(If I didn't misinterpret what he said)

The instruction manual/wiki already exists. It's not the most informative manual right now but it is around and was looking good around 6 months ago.

Edit:
PandoraWiki - User_Manual

craigix said:
Once the hall is tidy I'll do you some photos of more stuff. I might even make a video.

Nevermind that, what about a really kickass photo of a swan?

craigix said:
You know, photos are nice, but what about numbers regarding the available parts? My experience so far is that everything from you not involving exact numbers was as "relaxed"/vague as possible leading readers to assumptions and everything where you assumed that things were done/ready I finally had to realize were intentionally not mentioned since stuff was not there.
From the currently available information I'd guess that the first lets say 100 *complete* Pandora (not counting accessories like carrying cases or TV-cables) might not be shipped to customers before something around Christmas 2010. For example you mentioned some days ago that you had to get the batteries through customs and there was no status update regarding this stuff afterwards.

I assume that you do have exact numbers regarding those parts that already arrived (hey, you *had* to count if the shipping was complete) and those that are still missing. As long as you don't explicitly state the stuff available I (following the track record so far) have to assume that vital parts (beside the cases from china) are still missing. Photos of the boxes you received are nice, but some numbers stating what exactly is in the boxes (as well as "what is not there"!) are more important than just the photos.

Ha, perfect timing. ED just posted an updated regarding parts and the likes in the german forums: http://forum.gp2x.de/viewtopic.php?p=121970#p121970

Part-----------QTY req-----QTY ready--------Current status
Cases-----------4,000--------0--------------1000 produced, still in China, expected shipping: May 7th
Keymats---------4,000--------0--------------1000 produced, still in China, expected shipping: May 7th
Stylus----------4,000--------0--------------1000 produced, still in China, expected shipping: May 7th
Other buttons---4,000--------0--------------1000 produced, still in China, expected shipping: May 7th
Boards----------4,000--------700------------additional X boards populated in Texas, no info when shipping will be requested
Nubs----------------------------------------nubs are directly assembled on the boards, don't have to be listed seperately
Batteries-------4,000--------0--------------batteries are still at UK customs, number unknown
Stickers--------4,000--------X--------------X stickers arrived at Craig's, number unknown
LCDs------------4,000--------4,000----------at Craig's
Speakers--------8,000--------10,000---------at Craig's
Wifi antennas---4,000--------4,000----------at Craig's
Other internals-4,000--------???------------no information if something else is required
Carry cases-----Y------------1,000----------no information how many are required
Power plug------Y------------Y--------------Y power plugs arrived at Craig's, number unknown
TV out cable----Y------------X--------------X tv-out cables arrived at Craig's, number unknown

Shipping stuff--Y------------???------------No information

I inserted some other numbers:
* X: number is not exactly known
* Y: number is different from 4,000 and not known (not all Pandora get the same power plug, at least there is a difference between EDs shop and Craigs, not everyone ordered a TV out cable or a Carry case, not all shipping stuff has to be at Craigs since ED and Fatih got to ship stuff, too)

Basic changes: nubs are directly assembled on the boards and don't have to be listed separately. ED also said that *everything* for the first 4,000 Pandora beside boards (only 700 there), batteries (still at UK customs) and the cases (1,000 still in china, currently being panted, cf this thread, might ship on April 7th).

craigix said:
The carry cases are here, there are 1000.

Is that because only 1000 people ordered one, or because you bought a smaller number first? If the latter, when will the rest show up?

Whe have 3 Pics
th_78454312.jpg

th_78454473.jpg
th_78462867.jpg

So 1000 Carry Cases, dos this mean in the rare circle of Pandora owners (4000) , i am in the Rarest Circle of Pandora Carry Case Owners (1000)
Thats awesome.. :lol:

Attachments

• th_78454312.jpg
    th_78454312.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 99
  • th_78454473.jpg
    th_78454473.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 105
  • th_78462867.jpg
    th_78462867.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 91
kingoddball said:
KodeIn said:
ED talked about making a wiki that would be used as a manual.
(If I didn't misinterpret what he said)

The instruction manual/wiki already exists. It's not the most informative manual right now but it is around and was looking good around 6 months ago.

Edit:
PandoraWiki - User_Manual
But nothing beats an good oldfashioned printed manual with zero pix and gazillion lines of Text and Code Examples :D
180px-C64_Handbuch1.jpg

Attachments

• 180px-C64_Handbuch1.jpg
    180px-C64_Handbuch1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 89
Glad that I've ordered the case too. :)
It feels much more complete.

Back