Excited About Linux (aka "Pandora Native" ?) Games

Sphinxter said:
[...] but the ones that do are as good as any major label and good is subjective. [...]
I know what you mean. AudioSurf and Wind and Water: Puzzle Battles are amazing games.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
Sphinxter said:
It's logical for people to put their inadequacies onto others, natural defense think it's called, "projection", just easier to say nobody can than I can't. Fortunately nature balances by injecting kids with enough suspicion of their elders and open minds sharp enough to recognize old fart sour graping and try for it anyway or maybe it 's that the exceptional ones take it as a challenge and dare to dream, "I can.", and every once in a while one will.
Sphinxter, please put this in perspective. Morgushong calmly, rationally, even politely explained a point of view that you didn't like. Your only reply? "Fuck you." Prodded into elaborating, where do you go next? You speculate that there must be wrong with somebody who holds such opinion. If they don't believe in you -- if they say or think anything that even vaguely implies you aren't as totally wonderful as you want to think you are -- it must be something wrong with them.

Or maybe some just feel better shucking out a lot of dough for it like buying a $999 iphone app.

Ah yes, "If you don't agree with me, you're stupid. You're entitled to your opinion, as long as you enjoy being stupid. Do you like being stupid?" Spare us.

Maybe some people like some games better than others. Maybe some people have an opinion why. If somebody doesn't like your game, make a game for people who do like your game. Or make a game that'll change people's minds. Throwing around insults and fallacious rhetoric doesn't make a fun game for anybody.

Jaxartes said:
Throwing around insults and fallacious rhetoric doesn't make a fun game for anybody.
:( So much for my Homebrew Project.
2742830773_180f8c2261_m.jpg

Jaxartes said:
Throwing around insults and fallacious rhetoric doesn't make a fun game for anybody.
Never played Secret of Monkey Island? :p

Great idea for a homebrew!

Mega Insult Swordfight!!!!!!111elevenone!

Jaxartes said:
Sphinxter said:
It's logical for people to put their inadequacies onto others, natural defense think it's called, "projection", just easier to say nobody can than I can't. Fortunately nature balances by injecting kids with enough suspicion of their elders and open minds sharp enough to recognize old fart sour graping and try for it anyway or maybe it 's that the exceptional ones take it as a challenge and dare to dream, "I can.", and every once in a while one will.
Sphinxter, please put this in perspective. Morgushong calmly, rationally, even politely explained a point of view that you didn't like. Your only reply? "Fuck you." Prodded into elaborating, where do you go next? You speculate that there must be wrong with somebody who holds such opinion. If they don't believe in you -- if they say or think anything that even vaguely implies you aren't as totally wonderful as you want to think you are -- it must be something wrong with them.

Or maybe some just feel better shucking out a lot of dough for it like buying a $999 iphone app.

Ah yes, "If you don't agree with me, you're stupid. You're entitled to your opinion, as long as you enjoy being stupid. Do you like being stupid?" Spare us.

Maybe some people like some games better than others. Maybe some people have an opinion why. If somebody doesn't like your game, make a game for people who do like your game. Or make a game that'll change people's minds. Throwing around insults and fallacious rhetoric doesn't make a fun game for anybody.

The next incarnation of me will have stayed in art school and applied themselves, started programming when they were 5 instead of 30 and probably already out there automating the whole process as I type this, who's to say what they're capable of, why visit your limitations on others. Many would have said one guy could never start an os to rival Microsoft.

Back