Exploding Pandoras!

Alperoot

Welcome! Welcome to Airstrip 17.
I've noticed on some youtube videos that if you try to overclock your Pandora, it gives a message box says there is a chance of Pandora to blow up if you overclock it. It says "not that likely" but there are a lot of Pandoras (I think!) out there. Have anybody's Pandora exploded?

I'm able to guess it'll heat up, but not blowing up!

Last edited by a moderator:
In the past there were a couple of stories about batteries swelling up a bit, which can be risky if not replaced.

I don't recall people let it get so far that the battery actually exploded.

I've noticed on some youtube videos that if you try to overclock your Pandora, it gives a message box says there is a chance of Pandora to blow up if you overclock it. It says "not that likely" but there are a lot of Pandoras (I think!) out there. Have anybody's Pandora exploded?

I'm able to guess it'll heat up, but not blowing up!
Overclocking really isn't much of an issue as some initially feared, it may eventually reduce the life of the pandora SoC, there are some safe guards in place too. I would guess something else would go on it prior to worrying about that. Like wearing out the SD sockets for too much use or what not. 

If I overclock my Pandora too much, firstly NEON instructions get a bit flakey, so Drastic starts showing some glitches.  Eventually it just freezes the desktop if I overclock way too far.  I've not managed to blow anything up yet.

The part of this message whit the " Pandora will blow up" was more a bit sarcastic,

The worst that can hapen is a Pandora Freece,

Press Pandora Button and On Off Switch, and the Pandora will reeboot..

Sure overclocking isnt that good for the Omap, and it will lost some livetime, but bevore this hapens, the Nand will be defekt..

I have attached my Pandora to explosives, but I have yet to detonate anything with the Pandora in close proximiry, so...yeah...jk (maybe)

I heard that you can make popcorn with two phones... It can be possible with just one overclocked Pandora :)

It also causes an infinity two months time loop with people stucked in it, waiting for their pandora forever.

So dont do it, just to be safe.

Back