Ext Charger

Sonic X

Still Fresh
I have been using a EXT charger for my GP2X and I like using it because you can hook it up at the bottom and doesn't enter fear with game play. What I wan't to know is, is it safe using my EXT phone charger or any other EXT charger with my GP2X because I honestly hate the official GP2X power cord.

DONT!
You will fry your GP2X, never connect the EXT port to a power source, it is not designed to be used this way.

There was a post not too long ago about a guy who killed his unit this way. I think it worked for awhile before he fried it though.

imhotep posted on Mar 22 2007 at 10:43 AM said:
There was a post not too long ago about a guy who killed his unit this way. I think it worked for awhile before he fried it though.

Dang so I have been killing my GP2X well I guess thats it for me I hate to say this but I can't be appart of this communitie any more even though I wan't to. I will be getting a PSP which I will not be using for emulation. Understand that I am not buying a PSP because I think it is easy for emulation because I am very computer skilled with the GP2X but it has failed me. So now I will go with real gaming I will not be hacking games any more.

Good Bye

Your's
Truly

EDIT: I won't be getting a PSP it is no good games in Japan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sonic X posted on Mar 22 2007 at 11:15 AM said:
imhotep posted on Mar 22 2007 at 10:43 AM said:

Dang so I have been killing my GP2X well I guess thats it for me I hate to say this but I can't be appart of this communitie any more even though I wan't to. I will be getting a PSP which I will not be using for emulation. Understand that I am not buying a PSP because I think it is easy for emulation because I am very computer skilled with the GP2X but it has failed me. So now I will go with real gaming I will not be hacking games any more.

Good Bye

Your's
Truly

That post was quite oxymoronic.

sehs33 posted on Mar 22 2007 at 08:16 AM said:
It is Epcinter, that is what I believe :)
No that was Epic Canter, the legend of the horse. :).

Seriously, isn't it just a bit strange to haunt forums to no purpose? If he wants to learn Korean, or hire a translator, and take up the problem at the source, why not?

<sarcasm> I plug my LG phone EXT in all the time, not only does it charge the batteries, it makes me overclock to 350mhz and all of the romsets work for all of the mames. He must be using the wrong phone charger </sarcasm>

:p

nubie posted on Mar 22 2007 at 06:04 PM said:
sehs33 posted on Mar 22 2007 at 08:16 AM said:
It is Epcinter, that is what I believe :)
No that was Epic Canter, the legend of the horse. :).

Seriously, isn't it just a bit strange to haunt forums to no purpose? If he wants to learn Korean, or hire a translator, and take up the problem at the source, why not?

<sarcasm> I plug my LG phone EXT in all the time, not only does it charge the batteries, it makes me overclock to 350mhz and all of the romsets work for all of the mames. He must be using the wrong phone charger </sarcasm>

:p

Guess what my GP2X is going to continue to work on the EXT cord because it has the same voltage as the official cord which why it still works so it has not been damaged.

NOKIA PHONE EXT CORD CHARGER -INPUT -100 - 240 Voltage - So it is actual doing less voltage
GPX OFFICIAL CORD - INPUT - 100 - 250

You don't believe me hear you go - http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-d1-49-en-70-14wk.html

Sonic X posted on Mar 22 2007 at 03:22 AM said:
I have been using a EXT charger for my GP2X and I like using it because you can hook it up at the bottom and doesn't enter fear with game play. What I wan't to know is, is it safe using my EXT phone charger or any other EXT charger with my GP2X because I honestly hate the official GP2X power cord.
That is the problem right there, if you don't "enter" FEAR, then you can't play FEAR.

Know wander my cuppy of FEAR ins't being interred from the bottom so I can play it.

I don't understand any of the above posts. But yeah, applying power to the EXT port is not a good idea, since I get the idea that you might have tried that. If your GP2X still works, consider it a lesson learned and don't do it again and you'll be fine :)

I'm confused about this... he left the community because he could have possibly damaged his GP2X a minor bit? What?

nubie posted on Mar 22 2007 at 10:32 PM said:
That is the problem right there at if you don't "enter" FEAR, then you can't play FEAR.

Know wander my cuppy of FEAR ins't being interred from the bottom so I can play it.

If we get FEAR working on the GP2X the space time continuum will fall apart.

BCable posted on Mar 23 2007 at 02:58 PM said:
I'm confused about this... he left the community because he could have possibly damaged his GP2X a minor bit? What?

nubie posted on Mar 22 2007 at 10:32 PM said:
That is the problem right there at if you don't "enter" FEAR, then you can't play FEAR.

If we get FEAR working on the GP2X the space time continuum will fall apart.

No I left the communite for two reason one I destroyed the vaule of my GP2X when I damaged it a minor bit, although I might not of damaged it at all but how do I know that.

Two I like playing the real thing not hacked games I am not interested in hack games any more because they just have to many glitches and they are just not needed. If for some reason I want to play hacked game again I will be smart next time and get the SD loader for my gamecube instead of wasting $200 dollars on a un needed handheld device that can't even emulate my favorite quiz game for the MAME thanks to ram limitations.

No improvements have been made to the MAME the GP2X is not really needed for me I just wanted a handheld but now I dont care any more, it is not I don't know how to use the GP2X it is just I am not amazed with it any more and have learn how un needed it really is. The Xbox 360 will probably be a better emulation device and they could make a modd chip. They could make it so the modd chip could read iso images off a sega saturn cd and you could literally put a sega saturn game in your Xbox 360 and play with the emulator literally installed into the console.

Another reason why I don't want to use the GP2X any more is simply I rather find another alternate way to emulate stuff plus with a console you have a better chance of emulate anything. Heck with the origianl xbox you could store all those old games on the hard drive using a modd chip. The GP2X is not need for me just like the psp is not needed for me due to the fact I don't like any of the games from Japan and the stupid fireware prevent you from emulating and you have to downgrade which I refused to do even for the GP2X when I had it at Fireware 3.0.0.

I am not saying I hate the GP2X but it was a mistake for me and thats that. I will not be dragged into the XGP like I was the GP2X even if it supports 3D their will be disappointments with that also.

"Hacked" games? Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

I'm sure MAME/GP2X is capable of your quiz game, which one is it?

Mudi posted on Mar 23 2007 at 11:05 PM said:
"Hacked" games? Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

I'm sure MAME/GP2X is capable of your quiz game, which one is it?

Ok let me explain I wanted to play a game called "Kirameki Star Road" as a portable game on the GP2X since I don't like the Nintendo DS Version called "Quiz Kirameki Star Raod"here is thw original arcade version Iw anted to play on my GP2X.

http://caesar.logiqx.com/php/game_group.php?id=kirameki

Yes it is a Jap game and I like to play Jap Guiz games it is not on the stupid list.

You prove to me this arcade game is compatible with MAME on the GP2X and I will keep my GP2X no matter what is wrong with it.

3.0 is okay, unless you want to use the internal storage for your own games.

You should look at Gmenu2x, I think you would like it as a menu replacement.

Looking at the wiki.gp2x.org page about MAME, I don't think that game will work. I haven't tried it though (and I'm not going to...what do I care?).

Back