GP2X Ext Port Has Mmsp2's Usb?

BradN

I just spotted this link in the other forum: http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/EXT

If the pinout at the bottom is accurate, it looks like there's access to the MMSP2's USB, as well as 3.3V (which would probably need a step-up converter to power any peripherals, if anyone even dares considering the max current draw already reachable)

Anyone know any more details on whether this is the MMSP2's or the USB2 chip, or if the pinout is even remotely accurate?

The pinout seems to be "mostly" accurate according to DJWillis and Robster, not sure where it differs though. No-one seems quite sure where NK got the information to complete the pinout.

I am going to see what the deal is with this, I have some spare EXT connectors to mess about with and a kernel with the USB 1.1 controller compiled into it. When I tried this with the development boards the results where less then ideal ;) so people don’t go getting your hopes up just yet. The only dowside is I think Christmas and work is going to get in the way of good hacking time :(.

There does seem to be 1 or 2 differences on the pin out of the EXT from dev boards to retail.

Back