External Hardrives Wahooooo

Bramrash

I hope that made it seem interesting enough. I need one, basically. Preferably 160gb or above and cheap/good value.

Anyone have any advice at all?

Also is it cheaper to get a case and generic hard drive?

Cheers buds

If you don't care about a case, the cheapest way is to buy a usb->ide or usb->sata adaptor and just keep the harddrive in the plastic case it comes with. Then you can have multiple harddrive and just swap the adaptor between the one you want.

what would be cool is a sort of docking station for the pandora, essentially a square 'base' where any typical sized HDD can fit in, with small cables to hook up to the pandora that's locked into the 'bay', good for those of us who plan to turn it into a multi-console emulation machine to sit in front of their TV :)

Cheers Squidge, I think I might do that. Can anyone give me any direction as to which brands to avoid or aim towards?

I picked up a 500GB Buffalo external drive in Hong Kong's Golden Shopping Arcade recently.. I think it was roughly 1000HK dollars. I thought it was a bargain and has worked a dream since then :)

MAplins and i think amazon where doing quite cheap ones recently. I got a 750gb seagate external hardrive thingy form maplins for £115 or something liek that.
You should check thhis website ---> HERE

I got one of the 500gb external harddrive media players from there ages ago and its been one of the best things ive ever bought ! works as a usb hardrive and also you can watch all yrou videos and pictures and listen to music on any tv without the pc ! Dont get the recordable one stho as i heard they are not so good and they dont play as many different file formats.

Back