Extra Funds Idea For Op Team.

got_wot

Still Fresh
So the OP team has a Pink Pandora Case. Even through it is only painted Pink, the novelty of having the only first batch Panda with an officially different case would be pretty amazing. I know it wouldn't bring in that much more (or would it?) but I think having the opportunity to have your order made with this unique case would be better than just a help out donation (and wouldn't cost the team any more).

Or maybe have it be the prize for whoever donates the most to the Village Hall fund or something.

I know some people are already angry that they paid so long ago with still no result, but I myself am under no illusions that the team is working their socks off, and deserve all the help they can get after going into so much debt and putting so much on the line for all of us, and some others must agree but havent had the motivation to donate anything yet.

Just a thought.

mali said:
craigix said:
Michael is going to put the pink one on ebay when he gets it.
Excellent, but if it was for the biggest donator, they'd keep all the funds for the mass assembly team rather than jsut the highest bid.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they need to get some big corporation interested. Like a computer manufacturer. They have the money and resources, why not ask?

CokeCanNinja said:
I think they need to get some big corporation interested. Like a computer manufacturer. They have the money and resources, why not ask?
The last thing they want is someone with a legal department to have any sort of "investment" or "controlling interest" in the project. Seriously, no.

WizardStan said:
CokeCanNinja said:
The last thing they want is someone with a legal department to have any sort of "investment" or "controlling interest" in the project. Seriously, no.

It would surely go the way of the Amiga... :(

Hellolo, I'm new by the way, ordered just days ago...
I'd like to thank all of the early buyers, as your interest has kept this project alive :D
Also, to the OPT: Thank you... This is somewhat of a dream machine for me...

Greetings from Norway

WizardStan said:
CokeCanNinja said:

That's true. Bad idea.

Chrab said:
Hellolo, I'm new by the way, ordered just days ago...
I'd like to thank all of the early buyers, as your interest has kept this project alive :D
Also, to the OPT: Thank you... This is somewhat of a dream machine for me...

Greetings from Norway

Hihi chrab, glad to meet ya. Thanks for not having your first post be a poll on how obsolete the Pandora is without x hardware feature!

rabidpoobear said:
Hihi chrab, glad to meet ya. Thanks for not having your first post be a poll on how obsolete the Pandora is without x hardware feature!

Hehe.. I would NEVER... and the Pandora (as some has mentioned)will not be obsolete before someone makes a device with equal or better controls, more power and versatility..
The spec's on the Pandora are imo and after what I've seen in the 'tube videos, better than anything out there, plus years into dev. so why make pointless arguments over things set in stone so close to release?..
As for an eventual "Pandora 2" I hope it does come, but not too soon..

Very happy about the outcome (if nothing terribly wrong happens) of this project, and to think I almost bought a miniMig (yupp, Amiga 500 fan :) ).. lol... Pandora is that and whatever else I'd like to emulate... seeing it kick ass in quake 3 isn't too bad either :)

--->As for funding (on topic), order up some of those "dev. fund"s they have in their shoppe..
I ordered two [supporter?]...

got_wot said:
mali said:
craigix said:
Excellent, but if it was for the biggest donator, they'd keep all the funds for the mass assembly team rather than jsut the highest bid.
Yea, but the donations would be way lower than bids.

VRAndy said:
got_wot said:
mali said:
craigix said:
Yea, but the donations would be way lower than bids.

yep, but the sum of all donations might be higher than the single highest bid...

Back