3 More Places For The Unofficial Blog Team

mazza558

As some of you may have noticed, TaG and I have been posting less and less on the unofficial blog lately. We don't really feel this is fair on the community, but we have other commitments. TaG and I are unfortunately unable to order from the first batch, as well as having our own separate commitments. As I am the admin, I therefore invite anyone who feels they want to make a meaningful contribution, can write fairly well, and doesn't mind reading forums, to come forward and put their names down.

As a member of the blog team, you will be able to post, edit and delete your own posts on the blog, but I as admin can also edit and delete the posts if they are inaccurate or a repeat of what we already know. As a general rule, post any news which has not already been covered by others in the team - this way, we keep a good flow of news coming through all day.

The addition of 3 new members should cover for our less frequent postings, as well as giving the frequency of posts a slight boost. I should mention that the existing blog team are doing an amazing job already, but I didn't think it was fair to put the bulk of posting in the hands of just 3 people. So the situation will be 5 regular blog contributors and 2 who post infrequently (me and TaG).

So, if you think you have the commitment to step up to a task, post away, and I'll add you to the blog team on a first-come, first-serve basis.

(The blog team have said time and time again that Mali would be great to have on the blog, often beating the team itself to news, but it doesn't look like this is possible).

I didn't actually notice a slow down. :p

Ever since I completed my order for the Pandora, I've been lurking like crazy, I must F5 the forums like a few thousand times a day. So I can get stuff online fast, I'm GMT, so when EvilDragon or Craigx posts something, I will be around to catch it and write it up. I consider myself able to write well, I know correct use of grammar and all of that rubbish, I've always had a knack of making something boring interesting.

I don't know how you're basing selections, but, this is me.

So why not just get one person to track mali and post whatever he does.

:D

Phawx said:
So why not just get one person to track mali and post whatever he does.

:D
I suppose that's the job of the blog team :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't mind having a crack at it - I lurk a lot, but I like to think I'm a fairly decent writer, and I certainly follow all development religiously.

I've PMed Butterman, who is GMT like me. Tom, what timezone are you? It's good to get an even spread of coverage.

I would possibly offer to do this, but I maybe instituing a new web filter policy at work and it classifies gp32x.de as "games media" section.

Even though I am the IT guy here, if people saw me visiting places that were blocked, it would not be looked upon kindly.

mazza558 said:
I've PMed Butterman, who is GMT like me. Tom, what timezone are you? It's good to get an even spread of coverage.
EST. GMT - 5.

Looks like 2 places are taken, possibly. Phawx, it seems the situation you're in doesn't really lend yourself to blog posting.

PoisonedV, do you want a place? I can't tell by your ambiguous postings...

mazza558 said:
TaG and I are unfortunately unable to order from the first batch, as well as having our own separate commitments,
You can add me to that group as well. I'm trying to keep up; 3 more members would definitely be helpful.
Mali, we need you!!

I'll continue to post stuff I find interesting in the Unofficial Blog Thread :)
I've explained to TaG, that I tend to be very enthusiastic on things but sometimes just disappear the next day. Someone with more stamina than me, is much more suited. There are some very good candidates on the boards:) Some old-timers should do the job IMO Maybe someone who has been here already for years. Chip would be the absolute best, but I fear that he has already too much to do with PR(but it would certainly help, cause the blog is very popular ;) ).

If Chip was willing to be on the blog team, I'd invite him immediately. I agree that his PR job is probably too time-consuming to take a position on the blog team.

mazza558 said:
Looks like 2 places are taken, possibly. Phawx, it seems the situation you're in doesn't really lend yourself to blog posting.

I would like to, if you don't mind or have anything opposed to it.

Alright, that's the 3 places taken for now.

If things change in the future, I'll bump the thread again.

However, the invitation for Chip still stands.

Oh, and semi-related: I'm back in North America, so there's no longer a massive gap between time-zones.

Good news all round then. It'd be great to get someone from Asia actually - we have the US, UK and AUS covered at the moment.

mazza558 said:
Good news all round then. It'd be great to get someone from Asia actually - we have the US, UK and AUS covered at the moment.
Asia is close enough to Australia. In Singapore I think I was maybe an hour or two off Gruso. I don't think too much news will be coming out of there anyway.

mazza558 said:

I can translate it for you:

PoisonedV: "NO! I do not want to post on the blog!"

Back