Extremely Interesting Article About Gizmondo

Azalin

What was that? It sounded like a, a sound of some
Website
www.loremaster.a-host.info
Read it here

Seriously now, should human being SURVIVE that kind of crash?

EDIT: After reading further into the article, is it really any shock that gizmondo folded? This is the equivalent of a mafia movie or something! Or the worlds greatest scam...

"Eriksson had somehow managed to import $3.8 million in cars he didn't own into post-9/11 America."
Umm, holy shit?

EDIT: Okay, the more of this article i read, the more wierded out i get. It seems that most of the gizmondo ceo's were criminal genius's, and that eriksson was the kevin mitnick of the console world. One question: why have we not heard this tale before?

-Soooooo, the gizmondo was actually a child-tracking gps system? WTF?

Azalin posted on Oct 23 2006 at 01:57 AM said:
One question: why have we not heard this tale before?
One answer: If you didn't know all that, and haven't known it for many months, then I can only assume that this is your first visit to this planet. I haven't read the article, but there's nothing in your post that hasn't been talked about in this forum several times.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was an interesting read. Nothing terribly surprising, but it had more details about the background of the people involved and the order of developments after the crash and such.

Well i'm so sorry to you all that my parental guardian decided to seclude me in a tiny communnity in the canadian rockies without proper magazine access. I'm also terribly sorry for only having gotten the internet a few months back. Lastly, i'm extremely apolegetic for posting a link to an article that outlines one of the most interesting and scandelous affairs to ever ahve occured in the console industry.

In short, sorry for being an inquisitive young human. :angry:

Azalin posted on Oct 23 2006 at 07:25 PM said:
Well i'm so sorry to you all that my parental guardian decided to seclude me in a tiny communnity in the canadian rockies without proper magazine access. I'm also terribly sorry for only having gotten the internet a few months back. Lastly, i'm extremely apolegetic for posting a link to an article that outlines one of the most interesting and scandelous affairs to ever ahve occured in the console industry.

:lol: You have thin skin.

Azalin posted on Oct 23 2006 at 07:43 PM said:
No, bad day >_>

My advice; look at some execution videos on ogrish.com ... life ain't so bad after seeing the horrific ways some folks get taken out. B)

Azalin posted on Oct 24 2006 at 12:25 AM said:

Bah - take no notice of them. ;-) All I previously knew was that the Gizmondo's owners were somehow drug traffic related. I too must have been hiding under a rock - so thanks for posting the link.

This is one wacky story - almost too bizarre to believe. The really outstanding thing is that despite who was running the outfit, it *almost* made it. Mind you, give GPH $350m and I guess they could put together something rather tasty.

Looking forward to the film.... its got everything - fast cars, models, money, intrigue, guns, violence etc etc. And I would guess Gizmondos will become quite valuable in the future. Certainly DeLoreans aren't cheap.

andyB911 posted on Oct 24 2006 at 12:55 PM said:
Azalin posted on Oct 24 2006 at 12:25 AM said:

Bah - take no notice of them. ;-) All I previously knew was that the Gizmondo's owners were somehow drug traffic related. I too must have been hiding under a rock - so thanks for posting the link.

This is one wacky story - almost too bizarre to believe. The really outstanding thing is that despite who was running the outfit, it *almost* made it. Mind you, give GPH $350m and I guess they could put together something rather tasty.

Looking forward to the film.... its got everything - fast cars, models, money, intrigue, guns, violence etc etc. And I would guess Gizmondos will become quite valuable in the future. Certainly DeLoreans aren't cheap.
Worth money you say! *buys gizmondos*

andyB911 posted on Oct 24 2006 at 12:55 PM said:
Mind you, give GPH $350m and I guess they could put together something rather tasty.

lmao, thats so true. apparently they developed the GP2X for about 32k USD or something, getting most of the funds from pre-orders, before they had even made a unit!

that said, the stories of how apple and microsoft started up aren't that dissimilar.

Except thier heads waited untill AFTER the product was a hit to start taking millions out of the company coffer :p

But yes, imagine what they could have done if there hadnt been crooks involved. Anyone else think nintendo and such would have fallen?

Azalin posted on Oct 24 2006 at 01:18 PM said:
Anyone else think nintendo and such would have fallen?
No... Sony, Nintendo, and seemingly Microsoft are giants. Like them or not, there's no more room in the mainstream, because the majority of consumers are ignorant dipshits that do what the TV tells them to.

- Alex

I know, its sad. But one could always have a small hope. I mean, look at how well the 2X is doing! GPH hasn't folded yet, and the XGP looks like it could be a serious competitor when its released...

Back