F200 Battery Compartment

christo930

The battery compartment of the f100 really sucks. The connectors loose their flexibility and that causes a poor connection which over drains the battery and tends to heat them up. Why they didn't just use springs like every other battery powered device is just beyond me. My batteries are basically dead when they reach less than 1/2 way in my gp2x. I can put the batteries in other high drain equipment and they work fine and I have mucked around with the battery compartment enough to know that the problem is caused by a poor connection between the battery and the terminal. So, is the f200 battery compartment any better? Does it use proper springs like the gp32 (and really every other battery powered device ever made)?

Chris

They are not really springs. They're more like a V shaped pair of prongs in mine.
I've never used an f100.

Here's a quick photo of my F100 and F200 -

gp2x_battery.JPG

They look pretty much the same to me.

Attachments

• gp2x_battery.JPG
    gp2x_battery.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 138
My F200 currently does not work off batteries. If I resolder the battery terminals it might work for a day or two but it goes back to just showing a black or rainbow screen when turned on eventually.

My F100 still works fine off batteries to this day, just like when I got it.

iprice said:
Here's a quick photo of my F100 and F200 -

They look pretty much the same to me.

Thanks for posting the pictures, they are exactly what I wanted to see. It's very disappointing. This battery compartment is the worst design I've ever seen. Even el-cheapo made in china toys have springs that hold the battery and I can't, for the life of me, figure out why they went with this design.

Does anyone know of a way of improving this short of removing the existing tabs and installing springs? I have tried to heat up the tab in the spot that it bends while bending it out, but without the ability to get it glowing hot and then shock it with cold water it doesn't work. Any ideas?

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
for the terminals i fixed it using 2 small rubber blocks, (3x3x1mm) and placed them under the terminals so they keep the batteries tight and with good contact.
and as for the chrome bath wearing out just use sand paper to remove the rest and expose the cooper, then apply some solder covering all the cooper

thats what i did and seens then, i had no problem with the batteries

Back