Fallout: Some one please explain

marco23p

Still Fresh
Just look -_-

APSQx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
All Bethesda Softworks games are ridden with all sorts of bugs, but still...people like myself still continue to buy and play their games...because their games are awesome.

AAAAnnnnd .... that is not a big bug. Several times i had people stuck in buildings. These are minor issues. Bigger are:

- scripting bugs, which render quests unsolvable (Fallout 3 - Dave's Republic)

- places where the player gets stuck and can not move

- weird problems with the ragdoll engine causing the corpses to fly around like apeshit

- random crashes of the whole game (I choose you Fallout NV...)

and so forth

Here is the buglist for Fallout NV alone: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_bugs

All Bethesda Softworks games are ridden with all sorts of bugs, but still...people like myself still continue to buy and play their games...because their games are awesome.

Totaly, I love NV and im defenitly getting the 4th fallout

Please, I hate when people refer to Fallout 3 or Fallout NV as just "Fallout".

Bethesda Bought the rights to the games Fallout 1, 2, and tactics and completely ruined its lore and integrity. I'm not saying Fallout 3/NV are bad, but the Fallout series was not suppose to be a game like what Bethesda made it into.

If Bethesda wanted to have a post-apocalyptic game, they should have started their own thing, not turn the Fallout series into something it is not.

Note: No offense to any Bethesda Fallout fans, I'm not trying to start a flame war. If you want me to explain what I mean by "integrity" and "lore" I will. Its not that the games are bad, its just they are not what Fallout is suppose to be.

Profitable? Is the Pandora Profitable? Fallout 1 and such were their own type of game, much like the Pandora is its own type of system. Modifying the Pandora to make it "Profitable" would turn it into an ipad or netbook. Is that what you want? Its the same principle.

They should have made their own game and let the Fallout team make theirs.

In my opinion, Fallout3 and NV are not fallout... like thief3 is not thief... it's a shame they reuse the name of a previous game to make something alltogether different...

Isn't Bethesda's vision more profitable?
Is a more profitable game a better game?

We acutaly dont know if Bethesdas vision is more profitable, because the real Fallout 3 (van buren) was never released. The old Fallout series was a big and profitable success in it's time.

hay listen, I played the 1st and 2nd fallout (along with fallout tactics) and yah the games are radicly different from fallout 3 and NV, I liked 1, 2 and tactics but its something I would not want to play for to long, and fallout 3 was.... meh, fallout New Vegas was awesome, and the 4th one.... well we don't know yet.

We all have our things we like.

I'm just sad because the Fallout series was suppose to be an alternative game type to FPS's, which the market was overrun with at the time. The goal was to make a classic computer RPG (which I love) and now its a first person shooter, the thing it was suppose to not be. :(

So we are back to where we started because of Bethesda. There is still a overflow of first person shooters in the game market today and very little computer old school RPG's.

Not to say I don't like FPS's, I play them constantly, but I wish game companies would make more classic RPG's today like the original Fallout team was doing.

Please, I hate when people refer to Fallout 3 or Fallout NV as just "Fallout".

Bethesda Bought the rights to the games Fallout 1, 2, and tactics and completely ruined its lore and integrity. I'm not saying Fallout 3/NV are bad, but the Fallout series was not suppose to be a game like what Bethesda made it into.

If Bethesda wanted to have a post-apocalyptic game, they should have started their own thing, not turn the Fallout series into something it is not.

Note: No offense to any Bethesda Fallout fans, I'm not trying to start a flame war. If you want me to explain what I mean by "integrity" and "lore" I will. Its not that the games are bad, its just they are not what Fallout is suppose to be.

I clicked this thread thinking the subject was about Fallout 1. I do enjoy Fallout 3/NV, but to me those are not even close to the level of Fallout (or 2 or Tactics)!

If you are really worried about the bug, hit ~ and click on the fence the poor ncr sap is suck in and type "disable"

Then we he moves out of the way, type "enable" to make it reappear.

hay listen, I played the 1st and 2nd fallout (along with fallout tactics) and yah the games are radicly different from fallout 3 and NV, I liked 1, 2 and tactics but its something I would not want to play for to long, and fallout 3 was.... meh, fallout New Vegas was awesome, and the 4th one.... well we don't know yet.

I want a real fallout 3. Not a reinterpretation as in a shooter/elder scroll mix. Fallout 2, the best ever.

Back