Fantoboy's Menu Bars

fantoboy

Still Fresh
I really like Ajack's Menu Bars, but I found myself annoyed that I couldn't thoroughly change my skin to match the color theme.
I really wanted to make a skin that was dark grey and orange to match, but between not being able to change the blue font colors, and the white parts of the menu, I decided that I'd rather
just try making something that matches the Caanoo's native skin. I also decided to not use the emulator's name, and go for more of a logo and mascot theme.

Mame:
titleri.png

CPS2:
title2t.png

I was considering changing "Mame" to "Arcade" but Arcade could also apply to neogeo and cps2. I also considered using Pacman instead of Kong.

I just wanted some opinions before I make more, so I won't have to go back and change multiple images if I decide on an overall change in appearance.

fantoboy said:
I really like Ajack's Menu Bars, but I found myself annoyed that I couldn't thoroughly change my skin to match the color theme.
What??? You want to overtake 'our' followers?? ;)
fantoboy said:
I really wanted to make a skin that was dark grey and orange to match, but between not being able to change the blue font colors, and the white parts of the menu, I decided that I'd rather
just try making something that matches the Caanoo's native skin. I also decided to not use the emulator's name, and go for more of a logo and mascot theme.

Mame:
titleri.png

CPS2:
title2t.png
Yeah, it's really annoying that you actually can only change two images of the skin.
And hey, your icons look good and seem to fit into caanoo's original skin. Nice to see some other guys who make alternative icons for the games and emus. :)
fantoboy said:
I was considering changing "Mame" to "Arcade" but Arcade could also apply to neogeo and cps2. I also considered using Pacman instead of Kong.

I just wanted some opinions before I make more, so I won't have to go back and change multiple images if I decide on an overall change in appearance.
Let them as they are. And don't use Pac-Man. There are too much of Pac-Man icons. Now only the following icons are missing [...] (Think this are tooooooooo much ;) )

So I say: START WORKING!!!

lenrlad

Last edited by a moderator:
i already had some icons but there was no "leitmotif" in them.
i'd say u could just give it a try ;)

the more, the better ;)

2 NES variations:

nintendo2.png

nintendo.png

SNES:

snes.png

snes2.png

Genesis:
genesish.png

I'll upload a PSD soon so anyone can make their own or edit one of mine with a different logo or mascot to their preference

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone. I can take criticism, so dish it out.

Gameboy:

46827707.png

Gameboy Advance:

gbaz.png

gba2u.png

gba3.png

TurboGrafx 16 (Hugo/PC Engine):

turbov.png

Atari 2600:

atari.png

A different CPS2:

capcom2.png

I'll probably finish most of the major titles before trying to do icons (if I do them at all). Been using Ajack's for now.

Sorry to bump- but I figured some of you would wanna see my updates- plus I just wanna show them off

snestest.png

capcomtest.png

colecotest.png

gameboytest.png

gbatest.png

genesistest.png

hugotest.png

mametest.png

mastertest.png

neogeop.png

nestest2.png

ataritest.png

neogeo3.png

psone.png

scumm.png

scumm2.png

neocdt.png

openjazzbar.png

gamegear.png

prboombar.png

prboombarchex.png

quake.png

wolf4sdlwl6bar.png

spear.png

7800lq.png

titleat.png

I added some shadows, adjusted colors and cleaned up the images.

I switched Donkey Kong to Coleco since Coleco's main game seems to have been DK. I was hoping for some opinions on who should be used for what systems:

Mame: I figured Qbert would be the next big one since Pacman and DK are used. Space invaders or Centipede don't really have art that fits.

Neogeo and Neogeo cd: Bub and Bob would probably be the most recognizable from the arcade cabinet, even though they aren't official SNK characters. I used metal slug, couldn't think of anything else. Maybe Cham Cham? edit: I see G-Mantle and Terry Bogard are considered the Mascots, maybe I'll use them.

Atari 5200: Mrs Pacman?

Atari 7800: Donkey Kong Jr?

ScummVM: Chuck the Plant, Sam & Max

I might do title bars for Gamegear and Sega CD. Was thinking Ecco/Ecco Jr, Shinobi, or another sonic character for Gamegear. Earthworm Jim or another Sonic Character for Sega CD.

So am I missing any glaring obvious choices for any of these systems?

I am still making them, but here's a blank so you can make your own:

blankx.png

Here's a photoshop PSD. Some of the ones I made aren't in here because I made them in 2 different locations. Most are here though. So you can change the logos or mascots to your preference:

http://rapidshare.com/files/443925889/caanoo.psd

Back