Fenix New Philosophy

I don't know if the news already got here. I'll post it just in case :p

In this thread in the DIVSite forums (Spanish - Google translation) the two main Fenix developers let the users know that they will start a new Fenix from scratch, using 0% of the "original" code.

The aim is to make Fenix more flexible and powerful, yet keeping it easy to use. Syntax will change slighty, but the greatest differences will have to do with the way Fenix works (both internally and to the eyes of the programmer). It'll take long until we can hear again about the new Fenix but they're working hard (still in an early design stage, since they don't wanna make the same mistakes they made with the original Fenix -basically rushing).

How does this affect the Gp32/Gp2X ports? Well, the current 0.84 Fenix port will still be maintained by Chui, and he will port it to the Gp2X as soon as he can; but it will have to be abandoned eventually. I don't think this is as bad as it might sound, we will just have to re-write our programs, i guess it'll be worth it.

When the new Fenix will become available, will Chui port it to the gp32/gp2x? The best thing about this though is that Fenix isn't abandoned. :)

I would be nice not to have 2 versions of Fenix runtime on my SM cards.

I doubt the changes will be slight enough to simply need another runtime.

I don't think chui will port the new Fenix to gp32 (i dont know), but he will continue supporting the old one, for both gp32 and gp2x, as well as porting the new one to gp2x.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, is the fenix84b.rte already BLU+ compatible?

Also, could anyone point me to a docu, to see what has changed?

Back