How To Make Fenix Binaries?

GuyMontag

Still Fresh
Website
www.pandorasource.de
I am absolutely new to Fenix. I downloaded the source code of some fenix games and compiled them in the console by typing "fenix game.prg". It works fine, but how can I make Fenix binaries?

To play the games on the GP2X I need these .dcb files. How do I make them?

You don't need to do a binary file, like an exe on windows.
You first make a DCB file using FXC.EXE in PC (by command window, or using an IDE). With this DCB file and all your resource files (graphics, music, and else) you can run your game in ANY plataform you want, you only need the FXI (and his libraries, if needed) for this platform (FXI.exe for windows, FXI or fenix-fxi on Linux...).
Then you can run your game typing "fxi game.dcb" on a console window, or making an script.
Example of GP2X script:
#!/bin/sh
cd runtime
./ufxi ./game.dcb
sync
cd /usr/gp2x
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

Don't you like? well, there is another way. Just rename FXI.EXE to game.exe (same as dcb, changin extension), then you can run your game with double clicking exe.
But don't forget to use same version of FXC an FXI ;)

Drumpi said:
You don't need to do a binary file, like an exe on windows.
You first make a DCB file using FXC.EXE in PC (by command window, or using an IDE). With this DCB file and all your resource files (graphics, music, and else) you can run your game in ANY plataform you want, you only need the FXI (and his libraries, if needed) for this platform (FXI.exe for windows, FXI or fenix-fxi on Linux...).
Then you can run your game typing "fxi game.dcb" on a console window, or making an script.
Thanks for your help!

How can I make a dcb file under Linux? Unfortuanatly ther is no Fenix IDE for Linux, which would do this for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back