FF7 Remake

Ditnt seems like the Remake get an Savestate Feature, so i wants to play it on Pandora/Pyra..

Also an Remake of Final Fantasy IX would be cooler, because VII is overratet..

Na, its not that bad,

i like Final Fantasy VII because its cool and some thimes funny story, i mean which RPG Hero needs to dress like a woman at some point??

And Sephiroth is still the coolest Enemy in the History of Videogames, but its not realy worth the hype it got

Hey, at least Nintendo 64 bestowed the glory and majesty that is Quest 64 upon us... :( Actually, as far as I remember, FF7 was originally going to be an N64 game (there was an unnamed FF game in the works, but it just sorta never showed up. I think an old GamePro magazine had a screenshot of it once). That's why there's such a difference between character models when running around towns and stuff and the ones they had for battle.

This episodic...thing...they have decided to pull is no big deal though.

Everything will be forgotten...

...when they reveal the micro-transactions & dlc!! :eek:

• pay $25 dollars to revive/save Aerith!
  • pay $2 to give Cloud some Dramamine!
  • pay $4 for the "Cloud Strife fashionable hairstyles" pack!

• pay $5 to cut Yuffie's Achilles tendon so she can't run off with all of your stuff and send you on a chase to recover your hard-won possessions!(<--a man can dream, right? ;) )

It's a good thing they haven't yet perfected the technology to go back in time and ruin the original Final Fantasy 7(and especially FF6 & FF4) and FF8 & FF9. Though I'm sure they would only be too happy to round up all the old physical copies and melt them into sludge.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you guys remember this stuff, to the point of discussing such details? I've finished both FF7 (~2000) and Crisis Core (~2009) and all I can roughly remember is what some party members and villains were and roughly how the gameplay worked. If I wasn't doing some PCSX development/testing I wouldn't even remember as much.

I played it on Pandora (the one and only time) and was heavily disappointed.

Don't care.

Let's wait for a PC bundle and buy everything at once ...

What I think they mean by episodic is the way they split FF10, and FF13 up into 2-3 installments. Their claim on "too much content" is absurd. Seeing how they are remaking a game that already exists in one installment, so lots of balance, story, plot progression, character and world design elements are done already. Yes they have a lot more complex work to do, but I imagine the cost per license will be a lot more, less cost to distribute it, probably a similar amount if not more total sales etc etc.

i already feel somewhat cheated and they haven't even said how they are going to break it down. Installments... For the sake of a non infinite release timeline... Ok... But make them match up and carry over progress at the very least (looking at you FF13-2)

EDIT: I found a video that seems to voice my opinions almost exactly and is very articulate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back