Ffplay

nickspoon

vultum stultum habes
Website
Visit site
This is a port of FFPlay, a simple SDL-powered multi-media player based on FFMpeg. It plays movies quite well at 200MHz, and doesn't even use the GP2X's video hardware yet. It currently uses only a command-line interface.

It includes two versions - one with fixed point WMA (fast, but very buggy, and generally sounds quite bad when playing WMA, named ffplay) and one with floating point WMA (slow and choppy, but stable, named ffplay_soft). The one you choose won’t affect anything other than WMA and WMV with audio on. The zip also includes sample scripts for running a movie called video.avi (with and without sound) and for running a music file called music.mp3 (with and without a wave display). MP3s run well at 130MHz. DivX runs well at 200MHz. RM and RAM run OK at 200MHz. WMA and WMV don’t run all that well, but WMV runs OK without sound at 200MHz.

Credit to soiaf for the fixed-point WMA, and all his work on that, and everything I hope he does in future, and of course credit to the FFMpeg team.

Controls:
Select - Quit
Start - Pause
Left - Backward 10s
Right - Forward 10s
Up - Forward 60s
Down - Backward 60s
Y - Toggle Wave Display

Features:
Supports DivX (avi), mp4, rm, swf (audio-only), flv, wma, wmv, asf, mp3, wav, str (Playstation) and mpg and more.
Wave Display for Audio-only files and Video (by pressing Y)
Seek
MP3s work well at 130MHz
Command-line interface, compatible with Unify & Selector (thanks kounch)
Volume Control in ffmpeg (not ffmpeg_soft)

New version with volume control available here: FFPlay v0.1c.

Links:
FFMpeg Homepage
FFPlay Documentation
Supported File Formats and Codecs

So it's command line only and you have to use scripts to play media files? I like how it supports Matroska, just wondering how slow it is playing those type of files. I didn't see OGM file support on their page, any idea if it supports that file type?

Hi,

I tried FFPlay, i'm looking forward the next release cause the first is quite promising.

But it's a little bit slow even for divx.

I tried a full size divx and it's very slow, then a 320x240 divx with the cpu clock @249 and it's still a bit slow.

I'm sure the use of video hardware will solve these problems so i can't wait!!!!

thanks for your work

Bye

Herc. :ph34r:

@hercule: For me, 320x240 DivX plays OK at 200MHz, maybe yours has a higher bitrate.

@cbox: I'm not entirely sure about OGM.

New version with volume control here: FFPlay 0.1c. Thanks to theoddbot and Ryleh for the volume code.

A GUI is next on the list of things to do.

cbox posted on Feb 16 2006 at 11:43 AM said:
So it's command line only and you have to use scripts to play media files? I like how it supports Matroska, just wondering how slow it is playing those type of files. I didn't see OGM file support on their page, any idea if it supports that file type?

Matroska is only a container, as is OGM. So if it supports OGG nicely and xViD nicely (that's usually the video compression), then it will run nicely. However, I don't expect that OGG decoding and XviD decoding will go down too well simultaneously yet.

Allan.

Last edited by a moderator:
nickspoon said:
New version with volume control available here: FFPlay v0.1c.

Hi,
This link is broken :( , and the versions of ffplay availables haven´t volume control. This player is the best player for flv files but the sound is very louder for earphones.

Anyone have this version (v0.1c with volume control) or knows where I can download it?

Thanks

Try setting its default volume through GMenu2x, and launch it from there.

Alex. said:
Try setting its default volume through GMenu2x, and launch it from there.
Thanks Alex. I think that I can´t use GMenu2x, because I have firmware 3.0. (It is possible that I ´m wrong about this question...)

Yes, Gmenu2x it works and I can setup the volume before launch FFplay.

(I was in mistake because I thought that I could not use the Gmenu2x for the changes in utility menu in firmware 3.0.)

And the Gmenu2x looks very nice :)

Thanks to all.

Back