fGen32 and fSMS32 wip

Azure

Trust the recursion...
From GP32SPAIN (Google Translation):

Ladies and gentlemen, today are a great day in the emulation for GP32

FGen32 and fSMS32 have arrived until my hands last betas from the emulators from Rlyeh.

My impressions:

fSMS32 : Rlyeh has added some options and improved the emulator facing removing a new public version shortly. As you already know it, you will know that it is a luxury of emulator and now with more functions

fGen32 : GOD! GOD! GOD. Rlyeh it has returned to do. The last beta of his fGen32 goes Far better that the GenEmu and nonsingle that... I have proven to modify the emulator to 156Mhz and the result has been SURPRISING. All the games that I have proven go of luxury. According to it puts the emulator, between the 70 and 80%, but I am safe, after such proving games in a PC emulator, that these go far better of which it marks (I would say that to 90% approximately). As soon as rlyeh purifies a little, this is going to be lujazo impressive.

Published : After proving 10 or 12 games to 156Mhz, I have reached the conclusion that it works between 90% and the 100%. The compatibility is highest, I have proven games of all type and one has not failed me nor.

i love these translations. I mean, the internet is a great and powerful tool - probably one of the most important things any of us will see in our lifetime - and perhaps I am overdramaticising a bit, (forgive me it's late in the day and I am working hard).. but, when it came to translating stuff, whoever developed the internet tool for spanish to english translation was smoking some kinda crack. i mean i had to take spanish in like 6th grade, i probably couldn't name more than 15 or 16 states in this country at that point, but i would be able to pull off a far better job of translating some simple paragraphs (I, or any of my likewise partiall-attention-paying peers) than this piece of dookie.

to paraphrase our friend the retarded, retarded babel fish:

"The latest build of marvelous emulator which to be released on the luxury invisible yacht, 156 Mhz overclocked telecharged new rom! Finding new speed in a bad hurry, emulator author brings him down to a bare minimum and will hopefully salute the new programs open arrival. If the necessary adjustments will be made, perhaps sandwich all solvents in time for competetition release. Very Much how now to menu program. Great work of the author to invest wardrobes."

Damn..... really can't wait for that fGen32.... I was already happy with the GenEMU, but if this fGen32 does what you said..... man man man.... :)

Cpt

There was a thread a while back from a newbie complaining, "why are there more than one emulator for the same systems?"

THAT'S why. People competition is a good thing.

ok ok lets not start sucking each others dicks quite yet its only a wip remember snes9xGP :(

Don't worry johnno15, the difference between the two authors is astronomical. eg. Intellecto is a jerkass/dumbass/whatever word ending with -ass you want to call him, whereas rlyeh is a good perfectionist :)

The other difference between snes9xgp and fgen32 is that it was Intelleco saying that the emu was awesome, but this is an impartial review of fgen, not by the author himself

snes9xgp is an amazing piece of work and intelico is a pretty good coader to get it to a playable state. At 156mhz snes9xgp is pretty enjoyable on a lot of games. The reason why so many people rip on it is due to the fact that before every release the author would comment that it was faster than full speed. When the emulator was released it was in no way as fast as it was claimed to be. If the author had just said hey its a little faster than that last release and I've added gamma correction then people would have been loving it rather than feeling let down. As for the genesis emulators that arebeing worked on I have total faith that one of these projects will get a close to perfect as it can be on the gp32. The gp32 might not be able to play genesis full speed with sound but if it can then one of these will do it some day, if not then they will get as close to it as possible. Ryle and jardoz jones have both blown me away with their work and both are more than capable of doing the genesis justice. I might be wrong on this but I am pretty sure that jones has done his snes and genesis emulators from scratch and they are not ports like other projects. Due to that he can get it going as fast as possible just look at snesemu its still faster than snes9xgp but just dosn't have all the bells and whistles. Ryle I'm sure will release his project when he feels its ready everything he has released has been prefected and done very well. The competition of the two genesis emulators is great and I have a feeling we will see genesis perfected before snes.

angrypants posted on Sep 4 2003 said:
snes9xgp is an amazing piece of work and intelico is a pretty good coader to get it to a playable state. At 156mhz snes9xgp is pretty enjoyable on a lot of games. The reason why so many people rip on it is due to the fact that before every release the author would comment that it was faster than full speed. When the emulator was released it was in no way as fast as it was claimed to be. If the author had just said hey its a little faster than that last release and I've added gamma correction then people would have been loving it rather than feeling let down. As for the genesis emulators that arebeing worked on I have total faith that one of these projects will get a close to perfect as it can be on the gp32. The gp32 might not be able to play genesis full speed with sound but if it can then one of these will do it some day, if not then they will get as close to it as possible. Ryle and jardoz jones have both blown me away with their work and both are more than capable of doing the genesis justice. I might be wrong on this but I am pretty sure that jones has done his snes and genesis emulators from scratch and they are not ports like other projects. Due to that he can get it going as fast as possible just look at snesemu its still faster than snes9xgp but just dosn't have all the bells and whistles. Ryle I'm sure will release his project when he feels its ready everything he has released has been prefected and done very well. The competition of the two genesis emulators is great and I have a feeling we will see genesis perfected before snes.
Is there no chance that ZJ will continue SNESEMU after GENEMU? Do you think there will be a fSNES? I really like it when a little competition is created between emu coders, like the whole nes emu thing, when they compete, they work harder on creating a better emu.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey. ANYthing is possible really. these are very popular systems so given time, someone is bound to pick them up and try to make a definitive emu for Snes + Genesis for GP32 - it's just a matter of time. And of course, the profile + longevity of the system (and above all, how much of a pain in the ass it would be). Watch for the European release, if the thing sinks then I wouldn't have too much faith of "perfection" - but if it takes off and continues in the way it is growing now, kind of being a little bastard/darling of the scene, then it will likely raise some more eyebrows and people will continue to try to push it.

After all look what happened with NES emulation, easier I know but still it languished forever with a buggy InfoNES. Finally a little steam picked up and we got a port of Nester, LittleJohn (out of nowhere!) and of course fNES32 (still unreleased o'course). And don't forget black and his (lower profile, to the mainstream anyway) emu GPengine, which kind of got the ball rolling this year for "next level" emulation on the system.

Keep your eyes peeled and hope for the best - meanwhile, if all else fails, we'll eventually see some kind of successor to the GP32 that plays all these systems anyway (and not in a palm, etc. manner)- but I don't think I can say it will ever be quite the same fashion (such a heated dev community, a system open source from the get-go, a low-key mysterious publisher + a very affordable setup). Someday we'll all be nostalgic for these days!

Flack posted on Sep 5 2003 said:
There was a thread a while back from a newbie complaining, "why are there more than one emulator for the same systems?"

THAT'S why. People competition is a good thing.
Hey Flack, you referring to this thread i started?

If so, i am unrepentant as there are still platforms unemulated! And try not to bandie about the "newb" label...

Last edited by a moderator:
Look like rlyeh's entered fGen32 into the GP32Spain compo, so it must be in a pretty good state...

the competition expires at the end of this month, right?
does that mean these emulators will be released to the public after that?

Back