Fgen32 W.i.p

sammster001

Website
Visit site
According to what i can translate from GP32 Spain, rlyeh and rob have been working hard to include the core of the z80 in the ASM.

This has been successul to some degree. Rlyeh is currently bug fixing but he hopes to introduce the z80 into the emulator soon. Once he has done this he will send Anarchy the emulator. Hopefully though we should see a new beta of fgen.

P.S. Ilarri, please can you confirm this or correct my mistake if there are any :D

Its looking good. Latest beta has some sound - Sonic 1 seems to have just about FULL sound and runs full speed at 166 mhz at what I'm guessing is about FS1 or maybe FS2 when it gets busy. Its great!

The animated savestates are beautiful too :D

Cheers to rlyeh and fdave, and all others lending a hand.

Here you have the translation of the new that have appeared in gp32spain:

"03/06/2004 - fGen32 beta WIP 01/06/04
Last private betas from the emu are really impresive. Last version uses the cyclone 0.070 core and the video is 66% optimized (?). Morover, (Rlyeh) has solved a lot of bugs. The emu speed is,at the current status, incredible, what makes me predict that sooner than we think we will be able to enjoy the first Genesis emu fullspeed with sound.

According to rlyeh, next versions will include the z80 ASM core from reesy and the ASM sound core from rob. Once coded, (rlyeh) will release a public beta"

Cant wait to play Thunderforce 4 or Streets of rage3 with sound!!!

The new fgen beta rocks. :) Yes it has save states. Can't wait till z80 is implemented.

Its really nice isn't it, the sound is amazing, I was not expecting it to play so well with sound on (i'm playing @166 btw). Try shinobi and streets of rage. The GP32 scene seems to have really picked up again :)

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean no disrespect but... How can it be much better than the already pimp giga drive. Or does it use the same code? :huh:

They both feature the Cyclone v.0070, but fGEN32 seems to have the slight edge in speed and accuracy, judging from the latest private (mailing-list) betas. Plus it pakcs more features - adjustable clockspeed, savestates, gamma control. sound on/off, etc.

fGen seems faster to me; it's running Sonic 3 & Knuckles at 80% speed at FS0, 110% at FS1, and nearly 150% at FS2 (all timed against a real clock). Gigadrive runs it at around 20FPS (FS2). The general rule seems to be that fGen ar 166MHz can run games with one less frameskip than Gigadrive.

fGen seems faster to me; it's running Sonic 3 & Knuckles at 80% speed at FS0, 110% at FS1, and nearly 150% at FS2 (all timed against a real clock). Gigadrive runs it at around 20FPS (FS2). The general rule seems to be that fGen ar 166MHz can run games with one less frameskip than Gigadrive.
TandeM, are you having any problems with save states?

It seems that every time i load from SIII&K i get a translation error and have to reboot my gp!

Anyone else suffering this in any games, how would i report this to ryleh?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back