Fighting Fantasy Update

Grebn posted on Apr 9 2005 at 07:25 PM said:
I cheated like hell on those books. I mean, who wanted to go into Firetop Mountain with SKILL 7 and STAMINA 14? Not you, not me, not no bugger.

VNS is great, but kind of fussy (or maybe its just me). I really hope there's an update - its got so much potential.

Anyway, its ticking along nicely - a few bugs so far but I'm sure they'll be ironed out...

Hopefully.

Paul
This could get me addicted, good job.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found out that firetop mountain is the actual book i read, and i cheated so bad ;)
but it will be cool to see this on the gp32 :) without the possibility to cheat :)

grebn, maybe you should trim some of the more unfair passages from the book. As LHC says there were some ludicrously unfair bits, like you'd open a door and die with no chance of a save.

I remember towards the end of the series, didn't Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone split, and the latter FF books were only "Steve Jackson Presents"
or "Ian Livingstone" presents

Though, the authors were usually not Steve Jackson or Ian Livingstone, they normally just "presented it"

Whoh, didn't know about this

rtftm.jpg

Incidently, quite a few of the FF fantasy books appear to be downloadable off emule in PDF format!!

Edit: Check out this website, great info on FF

http://www.arielarchives.com/brett/FF.html

Current problems in VNS:

The random number seed generator is fixed, ie you get the same sequence of random numbers every time you play.

No way to add variabes to one another. I can't quite finish the battle sequences at the moment without incorporating vast amounts of code.

The procedure (push/pop scene) system doesn't appear to work properly.

Since yesterday, I've drawn pictures for the opening screens and the first two game scenes, incorporated the background story text onto scrolls, and worked in the first four locations. I'm going to do as much of the game as I can then badger VirtuaLeech for an update.

Great work

I am really looking forward to this.

Virtual Leech - please update the variable structure to support this.

Cheers

Ian

Alright again,

There'll be a 0.1 version of Warlock online by the end of tomorrow. It won't be a huge amount - just a few locations, choices and so on. I'm setting up a page on my www.pogscribbles.org site, and I'll start a thread when its up there.

Anyway, I'm going out now.

Paul

nice.... i think i could get some of these out of our local libraries.... [=
very looking forward to hack 200 pages in the computer :p
seriously, if this doesnt get lsot like the .......GP32 GIGAS project......
it will be MUCH fun :)

Back