Caanoo / WIZ File Archive App [Caanoo]

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Website
Visit site
Is it possible to create an app that pulls up all the files in the Caanoo File Archive that you can download straight to the console when it's connected to the internet via Wifi? It sounds simple enough.

Sounds simple enough, but for it to work well you'd have to make sure all of the folder contents are standardised, to be bootable in the games folder.
I'm sure the Caanoo can handle unzipping the archive contents, but what about the .rar files?

It might be more hassle than its worth.

Even with no standard archive contents, I can try to find binaries (executables), .png icon and configuration .ini files (or create one if not found).

About RAR: why someone still uses such proprietary file format? (well, but there's the unrar software -legal).

The biggest issues will be the decompression speed... =P And EvilDragon approval ;)

I sure hope this isn't dead, because it would be awesome :)
But ED might be a little swamped right now.

No one has a wifi adapter from GPH yet, right?

(If you get your own, does the firmware include any setup/etc controls, or is it left up to the apps?)

jeff

skeezix said:

(If you get your own, does the firmware include any setup/etc controls, or is it left up to the apps?)

jeff

from what i've seen + remember in the pre-release videos, there's some setup gui included in the default menu.

Last edited by a moderator:
i was already thinking about the same
the problem is that many of the files in the archive are compressed differently. some of them has the 'game' folder with ini file and game's directory inside, others have the ini file + game folder, and there are many without ini files or totally messed up directories
but if ED could implement some kind of standardizing, or checking the files when uploaded, it could work and would be excellent :)

It doesn't need that standartization, although it would be a great thing. As long as it has only one executable, it's fine (sorry SNES emulator :p).
Well, I'm finishing the GUI but I only have Wiz and Wiz toolchain. And I don't have the wi-fi dongle + ext-port-USB cable. So, I need somebody to test it.

i can help you out on the wiz side, have wifi running. i also have the toolchain and debugger and whatnot, if you need any further help. :)

i can help yout too, I have a Caanoo with working wifi and toolchain

btw Rodolfo, is your nick after the hungarian illusionist? :-o

Crow_riot,
as soon as I finish the basic GUI I send you for help me test the networking. My free time wasn't enough this week, but now is holyday in Brazil - 7th september is our independence day. I hope I finnish until tomorrow. Thank you for your help =]
Please contact me by MSNm (WLM) or ICQ.

Glezmen,
As soon as I finish the Wiz version, I'll contact you. I don't want to "install" (ie, "waste" my HD space) the Caanoo toolchain right now. =) But I promisse it won't have a large delay between the releases.

Oh, my. EvilDragon changed the Download part :p Now I have to add the license agreement before download =]

skeezix said:

jeff

i have the gph wifi stick , i'm sure others have, and yes there is a setup section for the wifi (in settings)
it connected without a problem to my wireless network over wpa

Rodolfo said:
Crow_riot,
as soon as I finish the basic GUI I send you for help me test the networking. My free time wasn't enough this week, but now is holyday in Brazil - 7th september is our independence day. I hope I finnish until tomorrow. Thank you for your help =]
Please contact me by MSNm (WLM) or ICQ.

just send me some PM when you got something for testing. glad to help you out :)

Back