File Archive Courtesy

pkostrze

Website
vampireslug.deviantart.com
Would it be too much to ask for people to leave a comment for files when voting? If you vote high, then tell the author you appreciate the file... if you vote low, explain what you didn't like. Maybe it's just me but if you download something, check it out and then vote a 1 or 2 without leaving a comment you're sort of a tosser. Again, maybe it's just me.

I think a good recipe for peace of mind is: Ignore the voting functions of the archive. Don't use it. Don't read it. Don't see it. For some reason, it seems the archive is full of lurkers who find perverse pleasure in generally f*cking around with the votes.

The votes are not to be relied upon. Ignore them.

Moxie said:
The votes are not to be relied upon. Ignore them.
I agree. I never even glance at them. The release threads in these forums tell you everything you want to know and more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've tried to comment repeatedly. Whenever I do, the archive either refuses, flatly, to log me in, or the comment just isn't remembered.

But the thought is there :)

Tobriand said:
I've tried to comment repeatedly. Whenever I do, the archive either refuses, flatly, to log me in, or the comment just isn't remembered.

But the thought is there :)

I agree, the archive has some issues with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to bear in mind when examining the voting results that most GP2X owners are emulator obsessed losers who will vote anything other than an emulator down.

I would suggest removing it altogether. IMO In the archive, the number of downloads tends to be a better indicator of a softwares worth.

Back