File Manager Problems

EmuGuy

Website
Visit site
Hi there. I'm getting very poor results trying to use the File Manager on my Pandora. Most of the time, I can only navigate about 2 folders deep onto my SD cards. After that, I can't cut/copy/paste or go any further...usually I have to pull the SD card out, put it into my computer, perform the file operation I want, then put it back in the Pandora.

My SD cards are 8GB, SDHC, and formatted FAT32. There's about 1GB of data on each. They aren't named the same or anything weird like that.

Anyone having problems like this? It's very limiting when I need to copy or move a file to another folder. Yes, I've used Terminal to copy, and it works, so it's even more strange why the File Manager doesn't work.

Thanks for any ideas.

It's a bug in Thunar, afaik.

Try this http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/53951-cant-browse-filesystem-totally-locked-out-help/
(it's also mentioned in the Tweaks Thread)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mali, that was absolutely the problem. :) I always change it to list or detailed view...back to icons for now. Wasn't sure what to search for, thanks for the tip.

I usualy browse with detailed informations. Is there another File Manager available without such stupid bugs?
I wonder why nobody fixes such things, Thunar seems to be a common Linux File manager and Millions of Users use it. Does nobody care about or is this Bug only Pandora releated?

I use XFCE for 2 years now and there are some really annoying bugs in some of their programs no-one seems to maintain. The Thunar issue is half Thunar, half GTK though from what I know.

Spirit said:
I use XFCE for 2 years now and there are some really annoying bugs in some of their programs no-one seems to maintain. The Thunar issue is half Thunar, half GTK though from what I know.

I guess the GTK part explains why I have the same issue with PCManFM :)

Last edited:
fusion_power said:
I usualy browse with detailed informations. Is there another File Manager available without such stupid bugs?

cd, ls, cp, mv, rm.

-God Ginrai

he said "detailed" so he'll also need ll.
[edit] that doesn't work on my current VM. Apparently it's not actually a bash command but some distros alias it to ls -l

PhillipJ said:
he said "detailed" so he'll also need ll.
[edit] that doesn't work on my current VM. Apparently it's not actually a bash command but some distros alias it to ls -l

All flags of the named utilities are implied.

-God Ginrai

It is pretty rude actually. mc would be a more sensible suggestion if you must play the "OMG ITS LUNIX" card.

Spirit said:
It is pretty rude actually. mc would be a more sensible suggestion if you must play the "OMG ITS LUNIX" card.
Agree. I do prefer my own way :

sebt3 said:
Hi boys,

As gtk seem to be a pain to create a filemanager (I guess that the nazi aren't far away...), I choosed to package a filemanager that don't depend on gtk but on FOX.

Look at the screenies. (yeah not beautifull, but it work as intended :p )
Download the pnd.

Explain what's wrong with this one :)

(Sorry for cross-posting but this realy requiere a beta thread anyway)

Spirit said:

how is using the term "terminal geek" more rude than the term "linux nerd"?

-God Ginrai

When you set thunar to "single click to activate items" instead of "double click", you can use detailed list view.

But there is still command line and good old "mc" (midnight commander)

Have fun,
Chero.

God Ginrai said:
fusion_power said:

cd, ls, cp, mv, rm.

-God Ginrai
Nice. :D But sadly, I have a bad Terminal-Allergy so me poor guy has to use a graphical File Manager. ;)
Is there no stable "Total Commander"-thingy available for the Pandora? And please no: "yes it is but you need the terminal to install..." :lol:

fusion_power said:
Nice. :D But sadly, I have a bad Terminal-Allergy so me poor guy has to use a graphical File Manager. ;)
Is there no stable "Total Commander"-thingy available for the Pandora? And please no: "yes it is but you need the terminal to install..." :lol:
Did you look at the xfe screenshot ?

fusion_power said:
God Ginrai said:
fusion_power said:

cd, ls, cp, mv, rm.

-God Ginrai

Hey, I have no problem with Thunar. It works fine for me. I only gave that suggestion because you were complaining about the current file manager we have.

-God Ginrai

Back