Files Not Showing Up

xalres

Still Fresh
Website
www.xalres.com
I finally managed to format the SD card with FAT32 and am now able to transfer files to it but when I go to try and open one of them with the GP2X it draws a blank. Even the file browser sees it as blank. Is there something I didn't do correctly in the formatting process? I'm using WinXP SP2.

Thanks,

Had that problem when I fulled the SD up with files, after erasing about 10MB, it then showed up. So if you're on the same incident, try erasing a couple.

iignotus posted on Dec 15 2005 at 07:55 PM said:
Open one of what? Can the Explorer find your files or not?

I put an MP3 and an the sample AVI movie that came on the CD. Neither of them are showing up in the explorer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally got some files to show up in the explorer, unfortunately they have bizarre names like 0j3.0j3 and there's a lot more showing up in the explorer than I put on the card. The file system is supposed to be FAT32 right?

A little reading on these boards (amazing what that'll turn up!) has convinced me I need to go out and buy an external card reader and format the thing through that instead of formatting it through the USB cable.

Thanks for the replies, I'll keep them in mind if I ever overstuff my SD card.

have a similar problem right now, I can copy files onto my SD card with a card reader built into my laptop, they copy fine, but the card is blank when inserted into the gp2x??? sometimes if I reformat the sd card and put the files back it works some times it doesnt? the card is about 75% full, has anyone got any ideas?

will try adding the files a few at a time and see when it fails if it does

I have 2 of them the cards that is one works perfectly the other has problems, the files are always seen in windows through the card reader but somettimes dissappear in the gp2x oh well it'll get sent back to be replaced then.

Don't worry, the same thing happened to me with two identical Sandisk cards. The GP2x sees one of them as blank no matter what. Silly little handheld.

Back