Release Final Burn Alpha ported to Pandora (FAQ in first post)

Hey Dave, along with the pause request, does FBA support "save states"? SS would be killer for this, but if it's not possible, I'll gladly take a pause feature and call it a day. This has been getting a ton of use over the last few weeks. Great work to all invloved.

Chris

the sources i've given dave the last time for keymapping also contain the pause feature. so if he merges some of my code, i'm sure this could make it in easily.

Hey Dave, along with the pause request, does FBA support "save states"? SS would be killer for this, but if it's not possible, I'll gladly take a pause feature and call it a day. This has been getting a ton of use over the last few weeks. Great work to all invloved.

Chris

the sources i've given dave the last time for keymapping also contain the pause feature. so if he merges some of my code, i'm sure this could make it in easily.
Excellent! I hope Dave will see fit to add it soon, as I keep trying to pause, only to realize the option is not there. MAME4ALL has spoiled me! :lol:

Chris

Yes, I am busy, but I will get cases out to each of these gents when I return to the US beginning of March.

I will also be stocking the "Retro Lunchbox", Underwater Kinetics DryBox 309 which is what I've been using for my trip to Germany.

You can check that out here:

http://www.uwkinetics.com/products/309-dry-box

Check out my site to see what box you might want, as I can have my girlfriend set it aside for you.

Has anybody paid their share of the bounty yet?
Here's the thread to remind people of the pledges: http://boards.openpa...burn-alpha-port

Good to see mention was made of a possible team effort. This definitely needs to go to both guys, assuming they want part of it. Link is a little busy so his contribution will have to come later.

I hope everyone honours their pledges. I don't fancy getting involved in administering it though.

Does anyone know the email that I need to send my share (will use Paypal)? I'm ready to do my part (as the dev did theirs) but I need Dave's and/or crow_riot e-mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
all proceeds should go to Pandora Rebirth compo prize pool :}

You can send money via PayPal to "donation@openpandora.org" and put "Pandora Rebirth Competition" as comment.

I'll throw that money into the price pot then.

Please include your nick in the comments as well if you want to be mentioned as donor :)

I dunno, I'll be waiting to donate any cash until the interface is polished properly, the controls are sorted for all games, and the scaling is fixed. Oh, and that FD1094 encryption emulation works - basically a decent level of working ROMs is needed that play well to the strengths of the Pandora. As soon as that's done, I'll send cash.

D.

all proceeds should go to Pandora Rebirth compo prize pool :}

You can send money via PayPal to "donation@openpandora.org" and put "Pandora Rebirth Competition" as comment.

I'll throw that money into the price pot then.

Please include your nick in the comments as well if you want to be mentioned as donor :)

huh, why? that's two different cases - there was an explicit pledge for porting FBA, which has nothing to do with the rebirth compo. not that i would be against it or so, but still, 2 pair of shoes :)

I've said it before and I'll say it again--I am ready to put my money where my mouth is. It works, it works beautifully, and it supports many games that were heretofore effectively unplayable on the Pandora. Dave suggested splitting the cash between himself and crow_riot, which strikes me as reasonable.

I've said it before and I'll say it again--I am ready to put my money where my mouth is. It works, it works beautifully, and it supports many games that were heretofore effectively unplayable on the Pandora. Dave suggested splitting the cash between himself and crow_riot, which strikes me as reasonable.
I agree. I just need Dave´s and crow_riot's email.

Right V1.0.1.0 in the repo -big update

I've managed to merge the gp2x version with the latest version from here http://www.barryharris.me.uk/ (absolute PITA!)

Result is 5,500 games are now reported as supported. Far too may for me to test so you will have to let me know what doesn't work. Before reporting a bug, make sure it works with the pc version from the link above.

I've got both the cyclone and m68K cores working together, emu will switch to m68k if it encounters fd1094 protection. means that these games should work but probably will need serious overclocking.

I've added proper exit code for incomplete roms, no more segfaults.

Pause added - press P.

Capex may take up to 20 secs to load the first time, be patient there's a lot of parsing to do!

List of games supported

Enjoy

Dave

Attachments

• gamelist.txt
    552.9 KB · Views: 1,796
TAKE MY MONEY. :)

Amazing work!

[EDIT] Further tinkering has revealed some issues--some games no longer work properly, notably the recent NeoGeo ones (KoF 2003 and Sengoku 3 have missing graphics, Garou crashes after the loading screen) and some CPS2 games load erratically (Giga Wing).

Very good update sh2 games work with pretty erratic frameskip issue ie the strikers 1945 games PGM games like knights of valor, ketsui, ana dodonpachi dai ou jou load up then crash dont know if this is just me 68ec020 games like gunbird and sengoku ace dont work.

awesome work! you're definitely deserving that bounty money now - i can imagine how much work that was/is. can't wait to try it out :)

I've got both the cyclone and m68K cores working together, emu will switch to m68k if it encounters fd1094 protection. means that these games should work but probably will need serious overclocking.
Why Cyclone can't be used to handle that protection thing?

@Notaz

I think that it requires prefetch emulation but I'm not 100% sure.

There is a call to m68k_set_reg(M68K_REG_PREF_ADDR, 0x1000); in the fd1094 code which is designed to force a flush of the prefetch cache. Without this line it will compile for cyclone but no games work. There is also a lot of reference to fd1094_cached_states.

I saw on you webpage that prefetch isn't emulated in cyclone so I assumed this was why I needed to use M68K.

Fantastic, it is great to see Chase HQ running nice and smooth.

Is it possilble to get the controls working correctly? A lot of the driving games and games like Afterburner have incomplete control schemes.

Yeah any game with anolog controls have missing commands ie afterburner no throttle also alot of roms even though you have the right set dont work (i used said romset on pc fba barryharris build and all games work fine) said games are darius darius 2 guwange all irem games v30,33 based ie rtype rtype leo legend of hero tomna gauntlet gauntlet 2 also alot of vertical games have screen rotated left instead right and controls left is right right is left ie galaxian but this is a huge step forward .

I still have inly a black screen or some strange "0kb rom" errors. the only game I tested that works so far was "1941". Funny thing is that all of the games are working on the GP2X Version of FBA which is basicly the same emulator if I'm correct. I continue to test and investigate...

EDIT: after rebuilding the ROMS, I still have no much success, maybe the roms are just to old or so. Only Neo Turf Masters now works for whatever reasons (but Raster Effects are disabled) , other NeoGeo (same rom versions) or CPS2 or Cave games do not work or just show a black screen. Confusing.

Hello

thanks for this update very nice

sh2 games run very well

i have tested cps2 game but sfa 1 2 3 dont work, do you have the same problem ?

I use romset fba posted in topic on this board it s the good ctrl mame with this new version ?

i have tested dodonpachi and other shoot dont run

cps3 game dont run

sega game run fine ex out run ....

very thanks

it s good release

lolo

Back