Release Final Burn Alpha ported to Pandora (FAQ in first post)

Hello

thanks for this update very nice

sh2 games run very well

i have tested cps2 game but sfa 1 2 3 dont work, do you have the same problem ?

I use romset fba posted in topic on this board it s the good ctrl mame with this new version ?

i have tested dodonpachi and other shoot dont run

cps3 game dont run

sega game run fine ex out run ....

very thanks

it s good release

lolo
your romset must be wrong m8 outrun works fine streetfighter alpha and all other alpha versions work flawlessly donpachi and dodonpachi work ok aswell.Also got samurai shodown and magician lord working with newer romset.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok tried newer PGM games ketsui and dodonpachi dai ou jou with no joy enabled a swap file and it didnt reset to desktop just sat with black screen these are the newest games in fba so there are no revisions so sure i have right sets they work in fba pc also all PGM games ie kov1+2 and oriental legends reset to desktop.

sorry we can provide links to roms (unless the roms are freeware and allowed to be distrubuted ligally with permission from copywright holders).

I'm using the same ROMs that I did in v.8 and previous, and they used to work fine--only the latest update caused problems.

I'm using the same ROMs that I did in v.8 and previous, and they used to work fine--only the latest update caused problems.

i think dave merged the arm assembler cores into the new mainline version now, thus requiring a new up-to-date romset and not the ancient one from gp2x days :)

Good new is the mainline version can spit out its own .dat file (attached).

FBA 0.2.97.21.zip

I've found a bug in games that use multiple z80 processors whichis now fixed. Trying to get a few bug fixed in before releasing another version.

Attachments

• FBA 0.2.97.21.zip
    482.9 KB · Views: 143
Is there an upper limit to the amount of roms you can throw at this..? i have several GBs worth and as soon as i try to launch a game i am confronted with a black screen which i can't quit from & then have to hard-reset the Pandora.

Is there an upper limit to the amount of roms you can throw at this..? i have several GBs worth and as soon as i try to launch a game i am confronted with a black screen which i can't quit from & then have to hard-reset the Pandora.
I think this is rom compatibility ive downloaded the latest mame builds and the games doing this ie samurai shodown and garou work perfect cps3 now also works my romset size is hitting 7GB with no problems

Just tried ChaseHQ intro from the latest MAME (145u1), Turbo Outrun & Sega Riding Hero, all ran ok with a bit of stuttering, more than playable though.

This is awesome.

Scrub that the controls for Chase HQ are screwy, haven't had a chance to play around and try to resolve this yet.

I just hacked some code together to quickly get analogue working, I only tested it with outrun and hard coded the left/right maximum values. I want to get the nubs working as analogue controls soon, along with a long list of other improvement that need to be made,

I've used all my time merging with the latest mainstream release so that it is easy to incorporate new drivers/driver fixed going forward. This has created a few issues by the sounds of it, so there's a bit more work to do on the merge first. I'll probably need to add fall back to the standard z80 core as a lot of the issues are down to z80 lock ups (I guess this is why Mame4All uses both as well).

I think this is rom compatibility ive downloaded the latest mame builds and the games doing this ie samurai shodown and garou work perfect cps3 now also works my romset size is hitting 7GB with no problems

OK i will run them through clrmamepro, if i can remember how you use the damn thing..

Ok tried redownloading all PGM game and bios but no joy still resets to desktop games tried knights of valor I and II oriental legends, ketsui, dodonpachi dai ou jou also tried cyvern but its saying bios is not in rom folder when it is used latest mame build 145 roms.

You coded the pause feature right? THANKS for that! ;)

Chris
I accidently hit the pause button during a quick game (2 button game) but I found no way to un-pause a game, at least not with the same pause button. ^^""
I actually didn't try it yet, but I saw Dave added it to the new build so I thanked crow_riot as he did the code for it.

"p" should pause, and "p" should unpause. If it doesn't, there may be a problem.

Chris

Back