Release Final Burn Alpha ported to Pandora (FAQ in first post)

Ok tried alot of early namco and konami games, games like galaxian galaga and ajax have screen rotated the wrong way, and controls reversed, ajax has missing sound and same problem as mentioned earlier also will Polygamemaster be supported in this build? ie ketsui and esp galuda.

Last edited by a moderator:
New version in the repo, controls now work in ChaseHQ AWESOME.

Awesome update! Also has the analog nubs emulating analog controls for games like afterburner (left nub steering, right nub throttle). This makes these games much more playable and much more fun. Thanks dave18!

Compiled a preview set this afternoon for the updated games list. All files were converted to bmp and resized for Capex on Pandora. Download link is...

http://www.mediafire...if95scpkmk9d25l

Once these are downloaded unrar them to /fba-dave18/preview

Awesome update! Also has the analog nubs emulating analog controls for games like afterburner (left nub steering, right nub throttle). This makes these games much more playable and much more fun. Thanks dave18!

Compiled a preview set this afternoon for the updated games list. All files were converted to bmp and resized for Capex on Pandora. Download link is...

So is this everything that it now supports, or do I need to combine it with the last preview pack?

Chris

Indeed 1.0.2.0 is in the repo. Hopefully the analogue code is working, it seemed pretty bodged even in the offical release and mine is definitely bodged a a result. I've mapped x axis to left nub x plus d-pad give max and y axis to left nub y (again up/down = max)

z axis = right nub pushed up or right shoulder (only tested on afterburner 2)

Hopefully, some older game orientation has been fixed, and games using dual z80 (green beret etc) should be fixed.

@crow_riot Thanks, ari sh2 implementation, I bet that'll be easy :)

So is this everything that it now supports, or do I need to combine it with the last preview pack?

Chris
They should all be there. No need to combine with the last one.

Oh, by the way, you may notice there's a new option in capex to select the 68000 core. It defaults to auto, selecting m68k will always use the m68k core, selecting cyclone will override the default setting and use cyclone for those drivers I've adapted, so far only chase hq and derivatives.

Where drivers force a switch to m68k I will keep implementing the cyclone option, testing so far shows that fd1094 protected games need m68k but Taito Z (that also auto switch to m68k) work fine with cyclone,

Awesome work! Thanks a lot!

Edit: And thanks jw11611 for the preview pack :)

Can someone please tell me why everything i try to launch results in a black screen, i have the latest version of FBA, most recent hotfix & have ran all roms through RomCenter (all are green that i am trying) with the FBA 0.2.97.21 dat, what on earth am i doing wrong..?

Can someone please tell me why everything i try to launch results in a black screen, i have the latest version of FBA, most recent hotfix & have ran all roms through RomCenter (all are green that i am trying) with the FBA 0.2.97.21 dat, what on earth am i doing wrong..?
I had same problem with cps1 2 and neogeo trying to convert old roms can sometimes be a waste of time best to redownload i redownloaded the full cps1,2 and neogeo set and everone works now whereas before with mame 106 they didnt your roms might be the old 106 set that has bios merged in each set.these dont worked with fba have messaged you more details!!

Indeed 1.0.2.0 is in the repo. Hopefully the analogue code is working, it seemed pretty bodged even in the offical release and mine is definitely bodged a a result. I've mapped x axis to left nub x plus d-pad give max and y axis to left nub y (again up/down = max)

z axis = right nub pushed up or right shoulder (only tested on afterburner 2)

Hopefully, some older game orientation has been fixed, and games using dual z80 (green beret etc) should be fixed.

@crow_riot Thanks, ari sh2 implementation, I bet that'll be easy :)
Afraid green beret doesnt work for me but its not dual z80 its single other dual z80 games that dont work are bubble bobble slap fight The new zealand story alcon.

Thanks for the previews :)

Thanks for the vid BAFelton.

WOW, CPS3 running great on Pandora, who would have thunk it? Hopefully it can be optimized slightly, as I never overclock my unit that high.

Chris

Finally fullspeed Third Strike portable - awesome. This was the last missing piece - the Pandora is now the ultimate retro emulation handheld.

Any chance of making O and P gamebuttons so we can comfortably use the 6-button control scheme for all the Street Fighter games?

([O]=LP, (A)=MP, (Y)=HP, [P]=LK, (X)=MK, (B )=HK)

<SPACE> could be Pause instead.

If this gets added I'll donate.

WOW this is pretty incredible, after (finally) sorting out my roms, this has gone straight to the top of my most used Pandora app list.. a couple of queries if i may, is it possible to only display the roms you have in the rom folder in Capex, so you don't have to scroll through the huge list when selecting games & is there any way to fix the scratchy/muffled audio in certain roms (a lot of CPS1 games)

Many thanks for the awesome work.

Back