Final Fantasy V

Sadako

Website
Visit site
UM, WHEN IT SAYS FIRST REVIEW ON THIS SITE IN THE DESCRIPTION, I MEANT 'MY' FIRST REVIEW, NOT THE ACTUAL SITES FIRST REVIEW, SOMEONE, LIKE A MODERATOR, PLEASE EDIT IT? Hello, and welcome to my first review. This review is for Final Fantasy V, played using a SNES emulator! Let me get right to the review..
Hmm, it is difficult to know where to start reviewing such a great game, on one hand we have the great story, about water crystals and etc, about how each crystal is slowly breaking, causing their elements to stop, Wind, Water, etc, so our heroes, [The main character being Butz (Weird name)], must save them to save the world! On the other hand, I felt the story to be a little rushed, with not much development,..such as one of the characters early on in the game saying something like: "I want to check it out too! I am coming with you!" and then to hear another character saying that to join your party again 5 minutes later is such an annoyance!
Now the graphics...since this is an old game, we can not be too harsh now. The graphics for its time were good, with clear colour and fluid animation, although Final Fantasy VI does look a lot better, this graphic scheme for this game suits it perfectly, adding to the cute fun. I think there was a Super FX chip in the Final Fantasy V cartridge, as it seemed a bit FXsy when the meteors were crashing to the ground..

Gameplay...this is your typcial run around, do something, battle a bit, find something, defeat boss game, so there is not much to be said about it, as you have probably played a game like this. The battles are turn based, so you can think about things to do before making a descision, sort of strategising..although, it can be rewarding once defeating a boss and/or gaining a level..I guess.
So all in all, for this game, I will give it an Eight out of Ten, a great storyline, if a little rushed, with cute graphics, and fun gameplay..sort of. Thank you very much for reading all this way, I hope I have no bored you to death!!

I have just one question: How good does it run on the emulator?

Oh, and not bad for your first review :D

I think it runs fine on 166mhz

you think?
is it fully playable on the GP32? aren't there any transparency issues during the game, like in the other square/enix rpg's?

Yes, there were some, but I did not mind, as the game was OK to play!
I think some transparencies issues when walking under things.

Back