Final Fantasy VII

I already played this game almost 20 years ago (and many times since, and it was the first PS game I put on my Pandora).

I hope they remake it, not just remaster(cgi + high res upgrade only). I want new mechanics, story etc. I was a little disappointed in crisis core's gameplay, but I truly love the story behind the FF7 universe (ff7, crisis core, advent children).

I got my fingers crossed on this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news maybe, but Nomura has made shitty games in the recent past though :/
Hm, which one are you thinking of?

The Kingdom Hearts series was awesome (especially KH2, Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance).

True, 358/2, Chain of Memories and Re:Coded were crap, but I think they only exist to squeeze some money out of the franchise...

FF7 is my least favorite of the FF games I have played. It was good in regards to introducing a generation to RPG's, but that's really about it. I'm glad it was finally announced, so fans can move on, but I'm really not to interested. I may give it another go, as I'm sure this may be a better effort than the original, but we'll see.

Chris

I could never get into any of the FF games I've tried. I've done my best to keep playing FF6 and while it had a few good moments, I still don't understand why so many people find it that good. I more or less stopped playing at the point where I had a satisfying (if a bit sad) ending. There was a plot twist and a few hours more to play, but I couldn't bother playing them. IIRC I cheated to get quickly to the end (giving my characters very high stats and turning off random battles) to make sure I wasn't losing anything. Turned out I wasn't.

Everyone knows that

Final_Fantasy_VI.jpg

is the best. :p

ff6 (us ff3) was alright, it never captured my attention enough to finish it to the end. I only got to the opera house part. To be honest, I was more captured by the story of ff4(us ff2)

the whole zak/cloud part of ff7's story is what hooked me and made it my personal favorite.

My ranking as far as story / gameplay is probably

7>4>6>8>9>10>5

didn't play enough of 3, 2, or 1 to make a full judgement on those 3 and I haven't played past 10 so I don't know how the newer ones either.

My personal favourite is Final Fantasy VIII. Would love Square to remke it :)
Why do you have such awful taste in video games? Do you just like to see me suffer? :p
Everyone knows that

Final_Fantasy_VI.jpg
is the best. :p
Agreed^
Chris
Quoted for truth. Also IV. Did y'all know there was a sequel to IV? I didn't until it came up on Steam sale. Even discounted it's still more than I'm keen to pay, at least while my backlog is still so high.But yeah, FFVI is long overdue for a remake, it's the only pre-FFVIII that doesn't have some kind of enhanced version.

Back