Finding a replacement for the charger, need some advice

MONOW

Still Fresh
I have just come to charge my Pandora for my holidays, in a few days, and the charger has gone faulty. I have changed the fuse in the plug, but there still is no little light on the power supply. So I guess I need to get a replacement.

I have noticed that people have spoken about using a PSP power supply to charge the Pandora. But I am unsure what version of the PSP charger I should get. I also don't know if I should stay away from 3rd party chargers. So people who have found suitable PSP chargers, can you help me out by supplying a suitable link to the one they have found to be OK.

Hopefully I can get one from Maplins or locally, as I only have 2 days to get a replace.

Thanks

My recommendations: Stay away from 3rd party PSP chargers from eBay.

Any Official PSP (PSP 1000, 2000. 3000, not PSPgo though) charger will work. Borrow one from your friend.

Have you tried charging via the USB OTG port? I find it doesn't take a great deal longer to recharge VIA usb compared to the pandora charger.

I use something like this rather than plugging it in to my PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the feedback guys.

I will keep my eye open for a cheap official psp charger.

Thanks for the heads up Mr Loon, I didn't even know you could charge the pandora with the USB port. So taking your advice and doing a bit of searching I found that I had everything I needed already to charge my pandora with a mini usb lead. At first it seemed to be charging very slowly, I only got it to around 40% before I turned off the charger for the night. But when I turned it on to restart charging this morning the battery charge said 75%, which I thought was a bit strange. Though if that is accurate, that means my Pandora was charging pretty much at the same speed as with the standard charger. Which I am happy about.

I did get it to charge to about 98%, at which point the battery started to lose charge. So at 96% I unplugged the USB lead and accepted that the unit was fully charged. Well charged plenty for my trip anyway.

Would charging the pandora with the screen closed help to charge it faster?

Over all I am very pleased I found a free solution to my problem. Plus I now have to carry less leads in my luggage too.

So thanks Sony and Mr Loon

Back