[SOLVED] Charger plug doesn't fit charger hole

jimmerson

Still Fresh
Just got my Pandora, went to charge it, and I just noticed that the plug on the charger is a lot bigger than the hole on the back of the Pandora. Luckily, I've also just searched these forums to find that I can charge via USB.

So not super urgent, just super weird.

I've attached the picture. I'm holding the plug against the back of the Pandora with my finger. It's not super clear there, but it's bigger. Unless I'm dumb and that's not the power plug place. Or the right plug.

In which case I may have gotten the wrong charger.

2012-06-15 16.01.43.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The chargers being shipped at the moment use a little in-line adapter to convert the plug size. Looks like yours didn't make it into the box. One of the guys should be able to send one out to you.

Yep, it should have had an adaptor included.

Send me a mail with your address and I'll send one to you.

Sent from my pandora using Tapatalk 2

While you are waiting for the necessary adapter charger tip from ED/Craigx, if you own a Sony PSP 1000,2000 or 3000 portable ( Not the PSP GO model ) you can use that system`s charger ( PSP-100 is the charger`s part # ) to safely recharge your OpenPandora unit, as it also has the right barrel and voltage specs for the OpenPandora. The Wiki states this as well. I`ve been using my PSP`s charger to recharge both my PSP 1000 and my OpenPandora since I received my unit less than a month ago, as it is convenient for me as it is kept next to my bed.

Otherwise, just use a USB charger for the moment, although keep in mind, that charging speed will be much slower, so plan ahead wisely if you take your Pandora out and about with you.

Hope this helps you.

Oh really? A converter...okay, I'll check the box again.

Okay, didn't find anything. Checked the bag it came in too, nothing there.

ED, I just PM'd you my address, and everyone else, thanks for the PSP tip! It'd be more helpful if I had a PSP, haha. I'm actually fine with the slower USB charge, I'll probably let it go overnight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every Ipadcharger with a miniusbcable will work, but of course charging is slower through miniusb.

My PSP-Charger has gotten really hot every time and died jesterday, is there anything i need to know before buying a new one?

Are there different qualitites?

@ Klumpen: On my Pandora, i use the main charger form the PSP 1000 since 1 Yeahr, because the Charger chipped whit the Pandora fell of not long ago the day i get the pandy.., it works fine,

But i dont know if this charger works whit the new platincases, mybe the hole is a bit less big..

Back