Charger Port problems?

Chompjil

Still Fresh
Instead of sending my pandora in for repairs again (like last time for my L & R buttons) this time imma make a fourm post.

So last night, I was sleep walking (I think) and my pandora was on a shelf connected to a charger, and I tripped over it, the plug pulled and the pandora went on the floor.

So I went right back to sleep thinking it was nothing.

But I saw it next morning, getting it ready to charge for school, and it wouldnt charge, dont worry, all it was just moving the L button a bit up.

BUT then It still wouldnt charge, so I moved the charging pin thing (or whatever it's called) very carefully, so the charger end plugs in right.

At the making of this thread it is at empty battery, so im waiting about an hour.

Ill update with pictures and more details later.

Peace!

You moved the charging pin so the charger plug plugs in right? I don't understand what that means exactly, but it doesn't sound promising.

You can charge over USB, but now you've got a flat battery you might have trouble getting that started, unfortunately.

You moved the charging pin so the charger plug plugs in right? I don't understand what that means exactly, but it doesn't sound promising.
What I meant more or less was the small area that surrounds the charging pin was slighty moved so part of it was under the plastic, hard to explain, so ill post pictures later

also Update: Im starting to think it's the charger, not the drop, as the battery feels hot, but the LED isnt turning on, so im guessing that the charger may have been force pulled when I was sleep walking... not sure

In case it helps, from what I recall, you need to charge via the micro USB port, not the full-sized one.

If the charging port has moved within the case that either means the port's fallen off the board, or the whole board has shifted (which would be odd, as the board runs the full width of the case).

If you feel confident, and are able to you could remove the bottom of the case (five screws, two of them under the battery) and see if the charging port is still properly affixed via two tabs on each side, or if something more dramatic has happened to the board or the case.

Alright so I still have one screw missing, but what I see is that the case is loose, anything else and it might just be the pin. Ill keep updating as I get more developments

Back