Firemware 2.1.0 Ready

any got it to show anything else but default in the skin selector ? i know from the korean readme and looking at the strings in gmenu2x that you are supposed to put your skins under /mnt/nand/skin

now i've tried putting the default skin under a directory named test but it doesn't show up, i've tried making directory's in the skin dir but it doesn't show up and i even tried copying the skin folder from the skin maker program onto /mnt/nand and it still doesn't show up, is it broken or sumthing or is there something special we need to do for them to show up

Strange the green loading screen shows 2.1.0 but I am not seeing the fades you are talking about... And the custom skin I installed is still active.

ShadoHawk posted on Oct 20 2006 at 07:42 PM said:
Strange the green loading screen shows 2.1.0 but I am not seeing the fades you are talking about... And the custom skin I installed is still active.
My custom skin was still active too until I applied the patch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yod4z posted on Oct 20 2006 at 09:24 AM said:
starpause posted on Oct 20 2006 at 01:47 PM said:
is there any decrease in boot time with this new firmware?
no

i wonder if the current boot time is about as good as it's going to get.

can anyone who has tried open2x comment on it's boot time?

or do any more experienced linux heads have speculations on how short a boot time may be feasible?

Judging by some random reported speed increases and DrMDx locking up at the Patching MMU ... screen, I'd have to think they implemented the MMU hack at kernel level, finally-- a step in the right direction, at least. It might have broken DrMDx and not GnGeo2x because they implement the hack differently. Craig told me GPH was going to add a menu item to turn the MMU hack module on or off to keep compatibility with all programs, but apparently, they didn't bother. :(

Is it just me or do xvid movies seem to run abit slower as of 2.1.0?... The video seems to be choppy and less smooth, almost like its skipping frames.

Is it just me or do xvid movies seem to run abit slower as of 2.1.0?... The video seems to be choppy and less smooth, almost like its skipping frames.

The stock video player has three different clock settings, it may have reverted to "normal" when you upgraded. When browsing for the file press Y a couple times to change the clock speed. You may need to set it to "full".

Back