Hows 3.0.0?

abertalia

Website
Visit site
Hi there, I would like everyone that has upgraded to or has bought the Value pack GP2X which included Firmware 3.0.0 to tell me if it has any serious improvements over 2.1.0...Im mostly wondering about the video player for my MK2-2.1.0 isnt so legitmate at playing movie files which includes lip sync way off and very very slow at loading a large file...other than that, 2.1.0 is a pretty good firmware for me but just wanted to know if i should upgrade. Thanks.

:ph34r:

dont update, you cant access the NAND area from the Explorer section , I cant update my skins folder now, and the USB wire never worked when I plug it in to update the skins folder :angry:

Yeah, I got a value pack one that comes with it, but there's really no good reason to upgrade if you dont have to.

It works fine for my needs, yes, but nothing I see thats any better than 2.1.2...its basically just a skin/interface change.

Besides, I've also heard its got a much slower boot up time

It doesn't matter that you can't get into the skins folder (for now at least)... 2.1.* skins don't work, believe me I've tried.

There are settings in the video player that allow you to under clock when you are playing a video. Maybe you have that set to a low setting? Also, how large are these files (megabyte and pixel wise). If the GP2X is working really hard to rescale a huge file then this might happen.

Shifty posted on Feb 5 2007 at 04:06 AM said:
Well...Its that movie, Sin City...how do I underclock by the way?....Without breaking it... :)

you have to press a button at the screen where you load your movie (so before it's playing) if i'm not mistaken it was the Y button can't remember clearly but u see an icon in the upper left corner that describes it. or you should get the gp2x user manual made by guyfawkes that explains it all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back