Oh Sh*t! Is It Bricked?

No, you can't. That should be the least of your worries now :)

Anywho, try to reformat your card (FAT32), then redownload the files for firmware 2.0.0 and follow all the steps again.

Good luck!

Will do. Ill just hav to wait for my mum to go into town so i can use her work computer.

"The pixels are having a funky disco time! Let them have some fun too!"

that gives me an idea!
unless theres already a gp2x app for it ill make a DISCO LIGHT!! when i get my 2x up and running again.

Does anyone else in this forum use a mac? or am i the only one?

if you're following the instructions properly, then really the only conclusion one can draw is that your sd card is bunked. try a different card if you can, or just format the one you have. make sure that when you do the firmware update, that there's nothing else on the card, just to be on the safe side. also, definitely redownload the firmware upgrade, just to rule that out.

rokdcasbah said:
if you're following the instructions properly, then really the only conclusion one can draw is that your sd card is bunked. try a different card if you can, or just format the one you have. make sure that when you do the firmware update, that there's nothing else on the card, just to be on the safe side. also, definitely redownload the firmware upgrade, just to rule that out.

I never reformatted the card. just deleted everything from it. maybe thats the problem and i think Finder puts those stupid .DS_Store things in there and the .Trashes too they piss me off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very simple:
Format the sd card using my mums computer to FAT32, put the FW 2.0.0 installer on the sd, put sd in 2x, start 2x holding start+select, do the same for 2.1.1 patch. it drained a good pair of batteries even though it only took bout 3 min.
But now my mac cant see the gp2x when i put in USB mode to put stuff on it :huh:
any ideas on that?

trooper said:
But now my mac cant see the gp2x when i put in USB mode to put stuff on it
any ideas on that?
Yep, Just buy a flash card reader.

Trooper

Yeh ive got one but i want to access the NAND aswell instead of moving the files from the SD to NAND in the 2x file explorer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try a different USB cable, the ones that come with the GP2X are kind of crappy and I've had one that worked for a while and then just stopped.

Back