Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr 2X

Website
lostsite.altervista.org
GPH has released firmware 2.1.2, but it doesn't know about changes <_<

http://www.gp2x.co.kr/data/data_std_view.a...chk=&direc=

A terrible translation is:

After up-to-date firmware 2.1.1 updating 'example it is GP2X-F100 Firmware 2.1.2 where it amends the problem points from of the machinery and tools which it sells '.
This [pe] [cyen] example it sells and it is applied in the overseas sale machinery and tools.
* The father [thing] the [pe] which comes out to poem [cyen] at 2.1.2 and system Info be born it is a crab normality with 2.1.1

Instead, GP2X inside Value Pack contains firmware 3.0.0 :blink: (I've read that has been made by Craig and ED).
Here you are some youtube videos:

Boot and skin of firmware 3.0.0

A video tutorial included in NAND memory

Another video tutorial

Does anyone know more about these firmwares?

(P.s. sorry for my English)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know but i'd image its different in some ways. Craig and ED did something. I think mostly just a new skin. We need a korean to translate the 2.1.2 changes.

yeah looks like just a skin change to make it look a bit more fancy for the value pack. ill get the new firmware in a bit and upload it to the archive as you need to be a korean resident to login.

edit - weird, just downloaded it but the files seem to be v2.1.1, for example gp2xpatch-2.1.1.tar.gz, the file dates are showing they have not been updated since november. update - it is in fact the exact same archive as v2.1.1 just renamed to v2.1.2.

hmmmmm........*rubs hands at the thought of starting rumors* perhaps there is something new in the 3.0 build that goes along with the upcoming new dockingBOB. Can't think that just a new skin would justify a new increment in build numbers...

I don't think so. Isn't the dock supposed to be identical to the developer's version?

It is different, there is no longer the 'utility' menu, it is replaced by a help menu which we plan to expand, the whole thing is easier to use and navigate too.

Weird. Oh well, make sure to keep us informed. Being a new user i recon the help could come in quite usefull at times :D

GPH had a picture of it on their site too. It looks kind of neat, I hope its released to the public.

sam fisher posted on Dec 29 2006 at 07:30 PM said:
Vimacs posted on Dec 30 2006 at 02:25 AM said:
World domination?
Mexican Cockroach: TOTAL GLOBAL WORLD DOMINATION!!!
mexican cockroach: flyasapelicantakenoverthewurld :huh:

but seriously what does 2.1.2 do?
(i just upped to 2.1.1 GAWD)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back