Firmware 1.4 Making A Mess!

Spasticus_XIII

Still Fresh
today like every other day, I poped over to gp32x.de and sprayed my eyes around looking for news. Then I see Firmware 1.4 YAY I scream and scrabble to dowload.

Now I install it, placing it not in the root *smacks head* so I thought gah, Ill put it in the root DIR and do it again *does it again* thenI go to info in the Settings pannel and wallah I have a 1.40 installed, so I think Ok Ill reboot. *reboots* Firmware 1.21 Loading... *GAH* when its loaded I go to info but it states 1.40 so I thought hmmm, I dont know if it makes any difference, so I downloaded the new Aurora 1.4 skin and It wont install, so I try another skin, wont install and another... wont install. Games are running strangly screen keeps chaning brightness and every now and then it gets wavy and I have to go to the new LCD pannel.

and now I come to you... what do I do? what have I done? HELP ME!

Last edited by a moderator:
When you run the patch, it updates the version information in the menu.

When you run the kernel upgrade, it updates the version information you see at bootup.

If your not seeing 1.4 when you bootup, the kernel has not been upgraded.

If your not seeing 1.4 in the menu, the patch has not been applied.

I format my card, so it is blank, (not really necessary)
Place the contents of the 1.4 in the root, which is just above all the other folders (not a folder called root).
Start the gp2x with the card in it, should say updateing firmware.
Go to the UTILITIES menu, launch the patch.

Done!

First time I updated, I place the file in SD card (in the main directory).
But didn't see any message of updating!
So I went to utilities menu and run the patch. I got the message and update ok but with the above message
Maybe is this the error ?

Some cards don't seem to do updates.
Wait a couple days, as there is an altermative installer that just has to be updated.

I thought that somebody said that the alternative installer will work already, because that beta and this version are entirely the same thing.

i had the same problems with the beta

u have to use some file called flasher

you can find it at gbax.com/firmware

YESSSSS! FINALLLLYYY!!! A solution that works!!! YIPEE!! Ah man, I'm so delighted. I can finally see the 1.4.0 splash screen! I spent almost 2 days trying to get that darn splash screen to appear. Thanks a BIIIIIIIILLIOOON OmarNawaz! :)

If you joined the forum yesterday... WHy THE FUCK are you trying to update firmware.
Have you read previous threads?
Have you read the wiki guide?
Have you sacraficed looking stupid by asking for help before you tried doing it?

How about NO you godam idiot!
:angry:

I did not feel the need to sign up to the Forums, untill now. Ive been reading everything I find, and playing around with stuff and etc. Firware I assumed would be an easy enough task to undertake yett again concidering I've done it before however this one turned out wrongly. My god people are quick to judge and critisise. Where on earth did I say I A hadnt read the articles avalibe, or that I hadnt read the WIKI etc. bloody hell, you've ruined my day you wanker.

Your posts suggested to me that you hadnt done these things, and at least my post pointed out areas of help.

Im sorry that your day is ruined, there is more to life than taking a forum post to heart, and yes, I do masturbate! ;)

Ok the situation has slightly improved, I tried the unbricking guide again as that hadnt worked but this time with the 1.40 kernel instead, Im now getting the Boot screen I was winging about before not having but Now I cant get into the menu!

Im assuming now that my Root is dead, or both or whatever, and I just need an explanation of taking it back down to whatever version Im not fussed right now!

Spasticus_XIII posted on Feb 20 2006 at 12:39 PM said:
Ok the situation has slightly improved, I tried the unbricking guide again as that hadnt worked but this time with the 1.40 kernel instead, Im now getting the Boot screen I was winging about before not having but Now I cant get into the menu!

Im assuming now that my Root is dead, or both or whatever, and I just need an explanation of taking it back down to whatever version Im not fussed right now!
Flash the root file system. It could take 5 mins or it may take an hour or more. but that will fix your gp2x.

DaviL posted on Feb 20 2006 at 11:59 AM said:
Hey Trashman.
Please relax!

Im chilled now man. :D

Just you could see a lot of this happening by the fuss that was going on when the beta was released on Mirc.
Im like most other people in that when something shiny is released I've got have it but over the past few months I've learned to er on the side of caution and take it slow and easy when updating the firmware.

You just watch, in a month or so's time itll be me shouting out for help when I brick my unit and spasticus will be entirley within his rights to flame my ass out of the air. Phew. B)

Spasticus_XIII posted on Feb 20 2006 at 08:02 PM said:
however being a gentlemen .I wont and will attempt to offer any asistance I can1

Aw, now I feel like a right cnut!

Please accept my apolagees.
I was posting after a 15 hour night-shift.

Back