Firmware 3.0.0

id10t

From gp2x.co.uk:

"Jan 10th: Firmware 3.0.0 is ready for release this week"

so? any details?

I presume it'll end up on the archive at some point in the nearish future. I'm personally sticking with 2.1.1, but that's me.

Firmware v3.0.0 came preinstalled with my gp2x that i got yesterday :D:D:D and it works fine... i hav no more info im afraid

Ok, I'll bite;

.. I use Gmenu2X .. why should I get this FW?

.. aaaaaaand, GO!!

100 units went out today with it on, so the dump should show up very soon.
craig, is this 3.0 the one that includes all the compressed stuff? in that case, cant you release a version without it? or is it just in a tarball it extracts on the nand? in that case i could remove it myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you like gmenu there is no reason to change, this is just more of a newbie firmware (and probably what 2.0 should have been).

It isn't just the firmware which has changed though, the whole gp2x package has.

as soon as its released on the korean homepage ill get it and upload to the archive, but it will probably be dumped (funny to hear that on gp2x :)) beforehand.

So. This is just a "simple" 2.x firmware? I'm rather confused. I ordered one, and I expect it to be a 3.0 firmware...but I really wonder what it exactly is.

Anyone able to answer that?

Ok, I'll bite;

.. I use Gmenu2X .. why should I get this FW?

.. aaaaaaand, GO!!

You should get this FW because it takes twice as long to boot. With that extra time you could contemplate the meaning of life, ponder the wonders of the universe, smell a flower or kiss a girl. It is a way to put a little pause in the hectic life in the fast lane :p

Last edited by a moderator:
People keep saying it takes twice as long to boot.

It doesn't. If I switch on my 2.1.1 GP2X and my 3.0.0 GP2X at exactly the same time, the difference is a little over 2 seconds.

Hardly the end of the world, and the pretty menus make it worthwhile (no more ikea orange!)

Back