Firmware 4.0 For Gp2x F-100

As I recall, FW4.0 is worse in almost every way than it's predecessors, mostly because of the diabling of the various dev-friendly bits, and the once-more increased bootup time.

Somehow I doubt I'll be trying it, at least, without some very nice sounds coming from others...

I would suggest someone with an F100 at least TRY it, because I have a feeling SDHC cards are now supported (I have an F200, so its a moot point for me).

But SDHC cards have been supported on the F100 long before the F200 was announced.

Unofficial support, which was dicey at best, if memory serves me correctly.

free demos (or full games??) are included in this formware:
Blocked, Ghostpix, Phishy, Ruckman, Wind and Water

And yes, there is SDHC support

kouky said:
free demos (or full games??) are included in this formware:
Blocked, Ghostpix, Phishy, Ruckman, Wind and Water

And yes, there is SDHC support
The list of built-in games is the same as the one in the FW 4.0 of the F-200.

All the games, except Wind and Water, are most likely just the homebrew versions. Wind and Water is the demo version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tested the update and it's working without problems.

SDHC cards are indeed supported. Samba, FTP and Telnet support seem to be gone. At least the options are misssing in the settings screen.

Regards,
Stephan

Shame as I was going to upgrade until you posted that..
No telnet or ftp or samba - maybe could copy the execs from earlier firmware and start them up automatically...?
Would be nice to see the source code released to see differences between f100 & f200 firmwares.

Sbock, what's the new boot time compared to your previous firmware's? What version did you have before?

My previous version was 2.1.2 with SDHC support from notaz. The boot time is a little bit longer with 4.0.0. (Similar to the F-200)

I now changed back to my previous version, with is the best alternate at the moment in my opinion...

Regards,
Stephan

if gph weren't such a bunch of ingrates they would've released two versions of the new fw. One for people without any technical interest that does not include the samba, ftp and telnet options and that actually has them built in. What would actually interest me is a comparison chart that tries to cover all the differencies. Like, has the media player been changed or modified... is there still usb-networking with fw 4.0 for the F-100 and all types of different data. Can someone who has both firmwares running do that? Otherwise I might feel compelled to create a chart like that.

StreaK said:
* - problems with samples higher than 11khz

Where was that information?

If/When the kernel source for the F100-4.0.0 is available I can diff with 2.1.2 source and detail the changes - or at least give a summary if wanted.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, a diff file would be a good idea. I would also like to see how it behaves performancewise though... eg. boottimes etc...

That's what we're trying to figure out.

I know that the F200 v4.0.0 firmware had fixes to the audio wrt (at least) turning on/off headphone output when tv out connected (and other interesting fixes).

I'm sure there was other stuff as well - so would like to compare:
F100 v4.0.0 with F200 v4.0.0
and F100 v4.0.0 with F100 v2.1.1.
However the source hasn't yet been released for F100 v4.0.0...

Yeah, we will have to wait and see. I am still psyched about open2x. Hopefully it will be done soon. Does anyone know about the status of that project? Having a custom community firmware is a dream come true. I think I'll have a look onto their project site and also pm orkie to see what's up and what the latest developments are. I think the last time I checked they were almost done but needed to improve a few things, also the filesystem had to be finished.

Okay, no need to pm orkie. Just found a recent post from him citing that development of open2x is making a lot of progress but recently orkie has a lot of work to do otherwise and DJwillies gp2x is broken. I think DJwillies gp2x is actually busted for quite some time now... maybe we should donate a gp2x to him?

i use gp2x fx100 with firmware 4.0. is comparision with fw 3.0 startup time is the same or small faster, imho. after reflash to 4.0 my gp2x can see 4 gb apacer sd hc card. until this moment i have only one problem - termula2x . its started, but not working - when i try to move joystick for get a character i have lock-up with black screen. nothing happens until i switch off power :( i dont know, thats it from fw 4.0 or not ( on previously firmware i not try a run termula2x terminal emulator....

Back