Release Firmware release 1.5, beta 1 released

Many Many thank notaz!

gonna try it out on me nand! i assume like gagetoid i can try out new kernel and switch back fine to old kernel running off sdcard?

Both kernels are included in the update.

Normally, it boots the old kernel. To try the new one, select it in the bootmenu :)

Sounds like a fantastic update. Thanks to everyone involved for working on this.

Note that currently there is a limitation that you must not run any PNDs while suspending or things may break.
I leave Emacs running pretty much non-stop on my unit. So, out of curiosity, what is the actual problem here?

Suspend-to-RAM switches off all hardware, therefore it does a force-eject on all SD Cards (which is an issue when you've got files open on them).

However, just close the lid instead of going into low-power mode, it should still use less power than before in low-power-mode.

If you let your Pandora sit on the table without doing anything (NOT in Powersaving mode!), remaining time goes up to about 150 hours ;)
This is very cool. So the new Power Saving of the Pandora does not only improve the suspend/hibernate modes, but also for the overall "auto" Chipset powersaving features during normal usage of the Pandora (when CPU doesn't do much like idle, normal desktop work etc...). I like it. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Overall powersaving with kernel 3.2 is better, so if an MP3 Player uses the DSP and the CPU doesn't do much at all, it should last really long.

If you let your Pandora sit on the table without doing anything (NOT in Powersaving mode!), remaining time goes up to about 150 hours ;)

Just this is worth everything to me. Thanks very much Notaz and contributors!

Is anyone up for some benchmarking to see if the new kernel has improved overall performance?

New kernel ! This sounds really awesome. I need to test this NOW :)

Thank you notaz ! Really appreacite your work on the firmware.

WoW! Super Amazing Notaz! Your a real SuperPandorainSuperHERO! ^_^ Thanks for all your hard work, It's truly appreciated.

Zapping my Panda right this minute, breaking of dawn. Entering a new Pandora Era!

Suspend-to-RAM switches off all hardware, therefore it does a force-eject on all SD Cards (which is an issue when you've got files open on them).

Is there a way to stop the PND from doing anything until the SD cards have been mounted again?

Ok, this means: if i want to play only games which ditnt need the more than 600 mhz, i can use the new kernel, but than i it can take much longer until the batterie is empty, because the powersaver funktions?

Will the overclocking options be included in the future?

Thanks alot to Notaz for this great work, alone because the wip firmware the pandora is realy interessting..

EDIT: i think im been waiting for the final Firmware Update, at the moment i ditnt use my pandora not enought tho let it in standbeye,

Ok, this means: if i want to play only games which ditnt need the more than 600 mhz, i can use the new kernel, but than i it can take much longer until the batterie is empty, because the powersaver funktions?

Only if the game doesn't need the extra power...

But because the Dualboot, for games which needs the extrapower there are also a second firmware on the image which suportet the overclocking, but thidnt suport the suspens features.., if i m plan tho play Nintendo 64 i will chose the old kernel, if i only want tho play gba snes, nes, sega megadrive etc, i use the new kernel..

Ok i want tho try it out, i hope this is that easy as a normal full flash firmware hotfix..

the wifi does not want to enable if you try to re-enable it from the wifi script button(network manager),

pnds tried which work:panplayer, rockbox, java installer

oops mods could you move this to the 3.2 kernel tracking thread, thanks

Would be weird that the OP consumes more power off than in ram suspend state ^^.

24 hours in suspend to RAM makes me lose 14 % battery charge... so that's about a full week standby time :)

Acording tho the Batterie Icon in the Panel: on the lowest Screen Backlight Level on which you see the screen (on more push on the Button, and the Screen is Black) it says the Batterie is emptey in about 11 Hours, and i have 46 % which means: i can use the Pandy 22 Hours..

Im looking forward for this supspend Mode feature in the future releases, i hope will be a option too overclock the device, in Final Fantasy VII, there are some slowedowns, but i cant play Yoshis Island on the gba emu very well..

EDIT: Ät EvilDragon: Yes a Fully Wheek Standby Time, but if you want tho play games, the Batterie might be empty a bit faster than 1 Week..

I lose about 10% per day when powered off ^^.

Matzesu : of course there will be overclocking pretty soon. I'm sure it's near the top of notaz's TODO list ;) .

i cant remind me when im mad the batterie full of power, but it cant be less than 12 Days, so no 10 % per Day on my Pandora,

it seems like my wifi dongle ditnt work, is this "USB Host" ? , Just installed the Codec Pack and the Midi on the experimantal Kernel,

for normal use i have the normal kernal, so this cant be a problem..

i have the 256mb ram pandora from circuit co,

However, just close the lid instead of going into low-power mode, it should still use less power than before in low-power-mode.
Ah, it disables the SD cards. That's pretty fundamental.

Is there a script I can hook into to trigger some code execution before and/or after suspend-to-RAM is activated? If so, then I can configure some automatic session saving and restoring for Emacs instead.

If whe are ready whit putting new wallpapers in our diner room, i trie to enable the internal wifi on the old kernel, the wifi module seems to are a bit rubbish on my device: once it works, once it ditnt work, this is the reason i use a little wifi dongle on the pandora, and this ditnt seems to work on the experimental kernel..

Back