Release SuperZaxxon - Beta 4 released

There`s nothing to change in the lid close settings regarding wifi.

I already have it on the middle selection ( go into low power mode ) but thats not shutting wifi off...

Ah, okay... seems like there's a bug that ignores the lid-settings then.

It doesn't seem to go into suspend / low-power mode.

weird! it was working fine before I reflashed it ( to cure my lock ups )

I fixed it.. I just changed the lid settings, put it in standby.... went back in and changed it to the setting I want, activated standby.

Then I turned on wifi.. and put it in standby and now it`s doing what I expect ( light goes off when the lid closes ) when I open the lid then it does reconnect on it`s own :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there,

I pulled down SZB4 to check it out as I am thinking about upgrading my 1st Batch CC board. Before I have had the same reported wifi connection stability issues and none of the proposed solutions (router security and channel settings, Pandora wifi power setings) had worked. (I haven't checked this with the beta firmware.) So I picked up a NetGear WNA1000M wifi dongle and it screams! I have seen better than 1 Mbs downloads, which is better than the native wifi chip (when it is working). I would probably still use it even with an upgraded unit. But I cannot get it to work on SZB4. lsusb does see it, but I cannot get it to turn on. Has anyone successfully activated and used a wifi dongle on this beta firmware? How?

Thanks.

But I cannot get it to work on SZB4. lsusb does see it, but I cannot get it to turn on. Has anyone successfully activated and used a wifi dongle on this beta firmware? How?
sudo modprobe ehci-hcd

I have installed Beta 4 today and I have spent around 2 hours testing things. Most applications I have tested work perfectly, but two of my favorite apps didn't work with 3.2 kernel: Mame4All and Super Geometry Dust.

Other applications that didn't start: GoldenDict and Chromium Dev. Chromium Dev is weird, because both with 2.6 and 3.2 kernels, it kills X-Windows, and you have to reboot to get X-Windows working again...

Also... ¿is there a way to return to the normal (and not ultra thick) scrollbars?

So far there have been reported freezes on time change and screen blank, never seen those here. Need a reliable way to reproduce these, otherwise I have no clue what to look for here.

That just looks like the screen saver kicking in when you set the clock forward a significant amount of time. Suddenly the time is, say, 60 minutes ahead and there hasn't been any input (if you're careful enough not to hit anything after the new time is applied). From the screen saver's point of view, there's been no input for an hour, so it decides to kick in and blanks the screen.

Just my gut feeling.

AFAIR some modules were missing for the new kernel.

I think notaz wanted to include them in upcoming beta 5 :)

This fix proposed by Notaz seemed to work for all people with Wifi-dongles:

For those with rtl wifi dongle problems, can you try adding

Code:
blacklist rtl8192cu

to /etc/modprobe.conf and reboot? If it works with just enabling USB host then, we can add this to firmware, I don't have that dongle myself and can't test.

EDIT: Ah no, forget it, that's people who got it to work with "sudo modprobe ehci-hcd". Sorry :(

Look at page 3 of this thread ... and yes, some USB-related things have not been compiled but will be added with the next beta. Those were related to my TV-Stick though, not sure if this includes others as well ...

This fix proposed by Notaz seemed to work for all people with Wifi-dongles:

For those with rtl wifi dongle problems, can you try adding

Code:
blacklist rtl8192cu

to /etc/modprobe.conf and reboot? If it works with just enabling USB host then, we can add this to firmware, I don't have that dongle myself and can't test.

This actually worked! Thanks.

Sorry to ask again this "maybe stupid question": ¿is there a way to return to the normal (and not ultra thick) scrollbars?

Sorry to ask again this "maybe stupid question": ¿is there a way to return to the normal (and not ultra thick) scrollbars?

It was mentioned earlier in this thread way back.. Save you some diging here.

This is all that is displayed when I select "Install from SD1:1" in the R-button menu:

Code:
reading boot.scr

mmc_send_cmd: timeout waiting for stat!

5081458 bytes read

## Executing script at 82000000

Wrong image format for "source" command

script failed.

what is the meaning/reason of this? How do I fix it?

Thanks for any help

EDIT: OK, I managed to fix it by using a different SD card formatted with the Panasonic SD card formatter. With the files on this new SD card, it worked as one would expect. I don't know why it worked after using a new SD card, but it did.

Hmmm...

After my Pandora performing faultlessly for a few days after reflashing it ( to fix some things )

It`s now back to freezing when I return to it.. Twice this evening after leaving there ( lid open ) I get back to it and it`s froze, have to do Pandora key/power off to reboot.

Can`t remember, is there a screen saver kicking in thats causing it to freeze. I think, up until now I`ve either been playing with it, or closing the lid, or switching it off.

ANy ideas as to whats going on now.. if I leave it with the lid open it seems to br freezing...

Back