Firmware Update Failed, A Little Help?

GP350z

Still Fresh
I was updating my firmware to 2.0 and it stopped updating after a long time. I had to shut it off and now it only gets to loading screen. Is there any way I can fix my firmware or is this piece doomed?

Thanks in advance.

If it gets to a green screen and then hangs, this is what to do:

Place firmware files onto SD card and insert into gp2x (make sure they are all there besides the gp2xboot file, as some may have been deleted)

Turn on the 2x holding down start+select

When the "updating" message re-appears, release those two buttons and wait.

Be patient. For some people it takes 5 minutes, for others, 45 minutes :eek:

Thanks so much. It worked somehow.

When I first and second time hold select and start for a long time, nothing happened. After that I turned it off quickly while I was pressing select and start and turned it back on. Right away, firmware upgrade screen came on and started doing its thing. It's working now. Thanks again.

When's the new squidgesnes version coming out btw? I hope new one can play any snes game without loading just black screen most of the time. I can't figure out why the game loads the same game at times and most of the time it doesn't.

I have just updated my 2x to version 2.0.0. I have doen the boot holding start & select got eth firmware updating screeen again but it has been on the green loading screen for nearly an hour now. I don't have a power supply so it is running on new batteries but i don't want it to run out. Is the normal? I am starting to panic a bit

:( :( :( :( :( :(

green loading screen for ages = kernel corrupt.
just power cycle holding down start+select again and wait for the "Firmware upgrading" message

Squidge posted on May 25 2006 at 07:48 PM said:
just power cycle holding down start+select again and wait for the "Firmware upgrading" message

I have done, get the firmware upgrading message and then te green screen again then it just hangs. I get the boot up sound and then the green screen of death. I fear its buggered!!!!!

Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
Thunderchild posted on May 25 2006 at 12:50 PM said:

I have done, get the firmware upgrading message and then te green screen again then it just hangs. I get the boot up sound and then the green screen of death. I fear its buggered!!!!!

Sam
Try a few different SD cards.

Thunderchild posted on May 25 2006 at 11:50 AM said:

Sam

If you get into a situation where you are stuck with the green kernel loading screen after attempting to uprgrade from FW 1.x to FW 2.0.0, here's one other thing to try since the filesystem update may not have worked.

Use a freshly formatted card and put all of the FW 2.0.0 files on it, minus the gp2xboot.img and gp2xkernel.img files. Reboot the unit with start+select, and let it reflash the filesystem files. This worked on my unit that failed the FW 2.0.0 upgrade.

Back