Firmware Updated ..movie Player Screwed

Bobafeet

Still Fresh
Hi all need a bit of help, followed the instructions on firmware update's to the letter,now my gp2x will not play movies that previously worked ,and they are good batteries

I've heared that if you only update you movie player via the Utility Menu but you don't update the kernel with the img (maybe becasue it doesnt supprt you sd card) then this happens.

So update the kernel

The firmware upgrade happens automatically when you boot ... you DO however, have to go into UTILITY and select the patch file ...

That fixes everything :)

Are you guys getting the new loading screen which confirms a successful update? Otherwise keep trying.

updated4qo.jpg

I'm completely out of things to try my card simply doesn't work with it so i've got a movie player that doesn't work with no way of updating the firmware ;_;

Mines the same, Updated in utility but couldnt update the img image as it doesnt work. Which is a bit crap really, how are we spose to update if most of the SD cards dont work.... I dont feel like going out and buying a SD card just to flash.

Why don't we ask GPH to send out working SD cards to McDonalds we could all call in for a Big Mac and update our GP2X's at the same time.

Sorry for the sarcasm, but I'm really fed up.

followed the instructions on firmware update's to the letter

Where did you find your instructions? There weren't any with the download in English, so I am not sure what to do. Is there anybody here who has successfully done this that is prepared to write a step by step guide?

Last edited by a moderator:
i've had a look at the gp2x, and i can tell you for sure that the "SD problems" can be fixed in firmware.. open source firmware..

just relax. consider the firmware a living thing.

the firmware is nice and there arent any problems with it as long as you dont make a error.
if you run the update gpu before the firmware is flashed you get that problems, so only run it when you see
master_051128165619.gif

and then
master_05112816574.gif

so.....then put the new firmware on my compatible SD and upgrade. I should see the 2 above images. then I go into utilities and update the gui? I dont want to brick my unit, and I want to continue with movies unscathed.

I also need a download link. sorry if i missed it, i was in skool all day and just came home to read like 1000000 posts.

thanks

edit: got the link, but still need my other questions answered so i dont fuck up my unit.

thanks again

Back