First Boot -It's Asking For A Login And Password....?

Thanks Michael, by the way, it's a very nice device! Just a little build issue with the case. The R button is slightly loose as the right rear of the case doesn't seem to have been glued down enough so there is a slight gap between the lower and upper case where the seal is. I'd send it back if I thought it would be fixed or replaced straight away but wondered how many spare units you'd have? It's only a small amount mind you. Also, yes, I got arora to work, two issues there, when I try to open hotmails, it says 'javascript' on the page (enable java is on!), also tried youtube but video's won't work, guess I need to install a mediaplayer??

Can't tell you how excited I was when it arrived this morning!

PS I will however need the option to boot from SD/reflash when new firmware becomes available. How does my unit know whether it need fixing or not? Surely it should give me the option whether it need it or not?

NickLoTurco said:
Thanks Michael, by the way, it's a very nice device! Just a little build issue with the case. The R button is slightly loose as the right rear of the case doesn't seem to have been glued down enough so there is a slight gap between the lower and upper case where the seal is.

It's not glued - it's screwed together. The screw is under the battery, so easy to fix.
However, as the R/L-Buttons did cause us some problems thanks to the paint, it might be a bit too tight if you screw it together completely.
Simply try to screw it together as much as it leaves the R-Button working nicely.

It's only a small amount mind you. Also, yes, I got arora to work, two issues there, when I try to open hotmails, it says 'javascript' on the page (enable java is on!), also tried youtube but video's won't work, guess I need to install a mediaplayer??

Youtube needs hardware accelerated video playing, and that's something we're aiming for for the next firmware release.
I have not tried Hotmails, but it seems to need Javascript (that's NOT java!) to work properly.
Check if you can enable Javascript in the browser.

PS I will however need the option to boot from SD/reflash when new firmware becomes available. How does my unit know whether it need fixing or not? Surely it should give me the option whether it need it or not?

It doesn't have anything to do if it needs fixing or not.
Whenever you have an SD Card inserted and start that bootmenu, the option to boot from SD Card will be there.

Last edited:
The SD card boot option never comes up Michael, it's in the left slot too. Don't worry though as it's not the only thing going wrong. I've managed to put the new browser on and connect wifi, thats it in two days of trying!

NickLoTurco said:
The SD card boot option never comes up Michael, it's in the left slot too. Don't worry though as it's not the only thing going wrong. I've managed to put the new browser on and connect wifi, thats it in two days of trying!

How is your SD card formatted? It may be formatted with an unsupported filesystem. (Like NTFS)

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it surely should work - as we couldn't have flashed your Pandora if there wasn't the option to boot from SD Card...
Unless notaz has some routine in there that checks if the SD-Card actually has bootable files on (wouldn't make me wonder :))

Back