First Habitable Planet Outside The Solar System

We had to do a thing similar to the cd thing in a lesson once. My AS physics exam was hard though. But then it doesn't help when physics is soooo boring and you don't listen in the lessons. I got an Unclassified for my AS level Physics, the only one in the class to do that. But it ws just soooo boring. Especially the sub-atomic particles part. Our teacher go us to play sub-atomic particle scrabble where u show wat a molecule broke down into to get points the same way as scrabble. And i didnt understand it. 'Chris...what does and electron break down into?' And my answer....'How the f.uck should I know. Can't we do something else that actually matters and that would be helpful to me?'

Ganepark32 said:
We had to do a thing similar to the cd thing in a lesson once. My AS physics exam was hard though. But then it doesn't help when physics is soooo boring and you don't listen in the lessons. I got an Unclassified for my AS level Physics, the only one in the class to do that. But it ws just soooo boring. Especially the sub-atomic particles part. Our teacher go us to play sub-atomic particle scrabble where u show wat a molecule broke down into to get points the same way as scrabble. And i didnt understand it. 'Chris...what does and electron break down into?' And my answer....'How the f.uck should I know. Can't we do something else that actually matters and that would be helpful to me?'
Ummmmmm.......an electron is a lepron....it doesn't break down into anything, except energy in the form of quanta, aka photons, if annihalated with a positron :D

Anyway, my phyics course hasn't covered sub-atomics in the slightest, i've just read around the area. I love physics :D Compared to Maths its fun, it's like fun maths to me and I just love it heh. Only two people got a pass in the exam lol. Me and this kid called Miles. Everyone else failed and most of them dropped out of the course lol. I know how you feel about boring though, that's maths for me. God, it requires so much effort for me to concentrate. Do you have MSN :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I know what you mean about maths. I didnt do higher maths last year cause i didnt want to but have since found out that some unis want a higher grading in maths than gcse so im having to do it this year through evening classes at college where im doing architectural technology with hopes to go study architecture in 2008. No one and i mean no one should study quantity surveying. its one of the most boring things ever.

Anyway, yeh i have msn. pm me sam

Ganepark32 said:
When I was in 6th form I did physics for AS/A level (we were the guinea pig year actually >_>) anyway our teacher had the class vote for the module we would cover, so we didn't have that boredom factor(as much) It was still damned hard though... I got a C at AS and a D at A IIRC...

Ganepark32 said:
Anyway, yeh i have msn. pm me sam
Everyone who regularly visits the Slipzone just whinced.

sam fisher said:
There were questions in it which weren't explain in the syllabus at all, like countin bits on a CD lol.
How a CD works is (or was when you did it, now lots of schools do multiple choice exams which are really easy) on the GCSE syllabus ;).

Back