First Homebrew Game For The Ds Released

*still drooling over the rumored specs of the next GBA*

You have to remember, Nintendo has said VERY openly from the first mention of the DS, that it was never intended to be the replacement for or the next step/evolution of, the Gameboy. They dont consider it part of the Gameboy franchise, nor do they want it to even compete with the Gameboy line. Even though it seems to us to just be the next gameboy, it really isn't. It's kind of a stopgap system, which is sad... Sega CD and Sega 32x were stopgap systems.... well you know where that goes :p

I forget exactly, what they were supposedly marketing the DS as... more of a Palm or iPaq type device, really, with multiple functions, not really a game only machine.

To date, no one really seems to get this, and Nintendo haven't exactly cemented it's image in one way or another, so have really left the system without a clear role and without a clear audience...

Actually, release of the GBA2 could be a good thing for the ds, because the games wouldn't be as gimmicky.

What will they launch with?
Mario does the weekly shopping and Mario accountancy

DaveC posted on Feb 15 2005 at 03:45 AM said:
The DS is pretty much already dead though. DS really stands for Dead System. Nintendo themselves has admitted to be comming out with their next handheld next year to replace it (GB evolution or some such thing). This will be far better than the DS and probably be like the PSP in terms of power. Maybe they will even suprise us all and actually put in a decent size screen this time :p

Hah way to fuck people over. Suck shit fanboys is all I can say. Nintendo will screw you over, just like Sega screwed everyone over with the 32x, than brought out the Saturn.

I don't believe the GB evolution can be much more powerful, I mean come on what are they gonna pull off in a years time? Hm technology + Battery life + price + compactness must be accounted for. Oh I forgot the sorage medium as well.

What will they launch with? Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart, Zelda and all the other rehashes they keep porting?

Last edited by a moderator:
if nintendo releases a portable with gamecube graphics they're hipocrites,they have spent the last two years campaigning that graphics aren't important and all that shit.plus by then it will be kind of late i think

kotd posted on Feb 17 2005 at 04:02 AM said:
The DS is pretty much already dead though. DS really stands for Dead System. Nintendo themselves has admitted to be comming out with their next handheld next year to replace it (GB evolution or some such thing). This will be far better than the DS and probably be like the PSP in terms of power. Maybe they will even suprise us all and actually put in a decent size screen this time :p

Hah way to fuck people over. Suck shit fanboys is all I can say. Nintendo will screw you over, just like Sega screwed everyone over with the 32x, than brought out the Saturn.

I don't believe the GB evolution can be much more powerful, I mean come on what are they gonna pull off in a years time? Hm technology + Battery life + price + compactness must be accounted for. Oh I forgot the sorage medium as well.

What will they launch with? Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart, Zelda and all the other rehashes they keep porting?

Poor Kotd. Obvouisly you're insecure; all you ever do is bash Nintendo.

Mark posted on Feb 17 2005 at 08:15 PM said:
kotd posted on Feb 17 2005 at 04:02 AM said:
The DS is pretty much already dead though.  DS really stands for Dead System.  Nintendo themselves has admitted to be comming out with their next handheld next year to replace it (GB evolution or some such thing).  This will be far better than the DS and probably be like the PSP in terms of power.  Maybe they will even suprise us all and actually put in a decent size screen this time  :p

Poor Kotd. Obvouisly you're insecure; all you ever do is bash Nintendo.

Well if you think its fine to release a console with a lifespan of 1 year. Than be my guest. Oh you forgot I also slagged Sega there as well :p I just dont' think people should be paying for a product which will lose all support very quickly. Hey its your cash. Feed nintendo if you wish :lol: Damn right I'm insecure, I wasted my $$$ on a GB (good), GB pocket (very bad) , GBC (ok), GBA (shite), SNES (ok) and N64 (ok) :rolleyes:

finty101 posted on Feb 17 2005 at 08:17 PM said:
And slag fanboys, which is like me slagging the Irish.
There there, its ok :rolleyes: Even slagging I still offered to buy your DS as a Door stop :) Whats wrong with slagging fanboys? the day they get it through their thick skulls that these are just multinational companies out to make money and don't pay for your advertising or alliegance. Well, than I guess the world would be a better place :lol: j/k

Back